Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do most brush guard/winch mount manufacturers say their products don't fit Ram Sports? Is it just because of the air damn or is there something seriously different about the Sport models? Can I make it fit? Anyone got a Manik brush guard on a Sport model?

·
Registered
807 Posts
most bumpers wont fit the '99 and up sports. they have a different bumper than the chrome bumper rams and the '98 and older sport models. if yours is a 97 then it should fit just the same as a non-sport ram because its the same bumper only painted and not chromed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 97 and I was thinking the same thing. Still, most companies say their brush guards only fit the non-sport models. I'm assuming it's because of the air dam on the bottom of the bumper. I have already taken that thing off anyway. I'm thinking about getting a Manik because they seem to be the strongest made. Can anyone recommend a better brand? Anyone have pictures or stories about installing a Manik?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just put a WAAG full brush guard, one piece, on my 2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport and the drivers side headlight cover sits closer the head light and the pass. side sits farther off the headlight. The bolts are almost maxed out in length, so I can't put anymore shims in to move it. I like it and will just live with it. Looks good. I got a deal on it, $375 out the door.

Bob

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
The SLT trucks have an easy to remove (or cut) airdam that reaches down 3" from the chrome. The Sport trucks painted bumper extends all the way down to where the bottom of the airdam is on the SLTs. The result is that while it's easy to fit a bumper-guard for an SLT on the truck, you may have to make some modifications to your nice painted bumper to make it work.

Also, the Sport bumper may reach farther forward than the SLT, and I know (from experience) that the center of the grille is 1" lower on the Sport than the SLT. Gave the installers fits when I got my Reunel bumper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts