1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sweet. Looks like a little loose rubber too.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hoooo, boy, there went $200 worth of Swamper rubber...but nice burnout! I'll bet the sound was awesome!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ok, i have looked at this thread long enough, i have to ask... i can not do that to save my life. my truck will not burn out (in forward) for anything. i can powerbrake it and all it will do is chirp. now it will damn near snatch the front tires off the street and i am by no means complaining, but every now and then you want to let out a squeel, or actully a howl. like i said before, this is in forward, in reverse it will roast em. is this some type of anti-slip in the auto tranny? that is the only thing i can figure? does anyone know?

96 Dodge Ram 1500 360 w/ auto trans. Extras include JBA headers, K&N filter, Mopar computer, 35,000 lbs trans cooler, shift kit, 3" Skyjacker sysrem, 4.10 gears detriot locker, and 35X12.50 tires on 15X10 rims.
Soon to come 5" skyjacker, Mopat R/T cam and heads.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have 4.56 gears! That was also going fwd I would never do it in rev it puts to much on the gears!

Ray

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey BigGreenMonster,
I've got the 360, auto, and 4.10's with the factory LSD and 33's.
I've never tried to burn my tires (due to cost)but when I'm pulling out into a tight gap in traffic I've had my truck sideways across 2 lanes of traffic 3 different times!!!
Even under moderate throttle it chirps the inside tire around turns.
Maybe it's the 35's changing your gear ratio?
My truck did this with the Goodyear GSA's and now with my pro comp M/T's.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Hey Ray, have you installed that Kenne Bell supercharger yet? Is that burnout with the supercharger?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Nevermind!

·
Registered
295 Posts
What are those guys doing next to your truck?
You getting your truck waxed and fueled up while doing a burn out or what?
Now thats what I call full service!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
362 Posts
What in the hell???? How in the hell???? No way in hell!!!!. You must have dumped bleach on the ground to make it easier to peel oput like that. I mean I have the 360 auto with 4.56 gears front and back, trac-lock antislip diff, 315 x-terrains, K&N air filter, and dual exaust and I dont think I can smoke em like that. I havent tried yet and dont think I will but it just sbout seems imposible. Now I know when I fly out into traffic I can chirp the tires without meaning to but burn out loke that on soft rubber 36 swampers damn!!!!1

·
Registered
537 Posts
Its actually not that hard if you try. If you do it just right, you could do that. Oh, and yea, thats a lot of smoke for something like that. Did you use water? Oil? Grease? What?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part of my rear rt tire hit a wet spot on the ground but I dont need to have em wet!My truck can peel out when ever I wast I dont know why??? I could even chirp the 36s once and a while with the 3.55s

Ray

·
Registered
503 Posts
BANG!! POP! CRACK! POOF O' BLUE SMOKE THERE GOES THE TRANNY!!!! LMAO!! OUCH!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I HAVE THE 360- WITH 4:11 GEARS AND I DONT THINK I COULD THAT EITHER..IVE NOT REALY TRIED EITHER!! BUT MAN LOVE THE SMELL OF THNAT BURNT RUBBER~!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jason, you still have my burnout picture. How about posting that on this topic for me?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts