Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they really that bad? i've heard they will beat you to death and i should go ahead and get new ones while installing the kit.
will getting the class II(dual shock) kit be worth the extra $$$ for the better ride?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
They are fine, that is what I am running on mine, all around Hydro's with a Nitro as a stabilizer. If you REALLY want to upgrade shocks, get some RS-9000 adjustables, but they cost $65 apiece...6 of them at that price...hmmm...are they worth it? Yes, if you have the extra cash. If not the stock Skyjacker shocks will do ya.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hydros or nitros on the axles? I have been told Nitros won't fade when hot but I don't know. ANybody know the $ diff?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
How do those Rancho 9000's work? Do you have to install an air compressor so that you can adjust them? if not how do they adjust??

Nick.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Beast just to let you know you don't have a Nitro stabilizer. They just give you the nitro sticker cause they don't know what other stickers to give. The stabilizer is a 50:50 vavling ratio. The ntiro shock will always be fully extended (gas pressurized) therefore you would always be making right or left turns (depending how you mounted it) unless you are giving steering input. I had dual nitro shocks with diesel springs and man that was a ROUGH ride. I rode in a deisel with the same setup and everything was fine so I really can't tell if it was the nitros that gave me the crap ride or the diesel springs. I am running dual hydros now and could not be happier :):

·
Registered
218 Posts
The dual Nitros in the front beat like hell. I swopped the Nitros of my 5"Skyjacker for RS 9000s up front.
Real good improvement that's real "Softride".
Very close to OE on Pos. 1.
Next to come are 9000s for the rear.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hmmm...well, you learn something new everyday! I guess run something like what he has. RS9000's have a little knob on them that will allow you to adjust them. There is an in-cab controller for these, that requires an air compressor, but it is a different kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts