Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From your post, it sounds like you are talking about the Skyjacker lifts. I run a 5" Stage II Kit on my '98 Ram with 35" MT/R's. Here's the difference:

Skyjacker offers two types of packages. Class I 2.5" & 3" lifts include variable rate coils, longer lower links, bump stops & 4 shocks. Class I 4.5" & 5" includes variable rate coils, greaseable upper & lower links, track bar drop bracket, pitman arm, OEM replacement steering stabilizer & 4 shocks.

Class II 2.5" & 3" additionally includes upper links, dual front shock kit, 2 more shocks & lower link skid plates. Class II 4.5" & 5" additionally includes dual front shock kit, 2 more shocks & lower link skid plate.

In addition to the Standard links, Skyjacker has created the new "Flex Series" with either single or double heim joints. The benefit of these links is in the allowable movement and articulation(flex) possible. The links create less friction at crucial joints and allow for longer wear life and greater flexibility for vehicle use. The heim joints are permanently lubricated with a bonded teflon inner-liner and fully adjustable in length to allow more alignment possibilities and pinion angle adjustments. Single or double heim joints are available for either Class 1 or Class 2 kits or systems..

As for the coil spacers, you won't find a quality 5" lift with coil spacers...only on 3" lifts...The Skyjacker does replace the coils on their 3" kit, where Rancho or Pro-Comp uses a 3" coil spacer...

Hope this info helps...good luck! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Tunis is right. One thing he didn't mention was for the rear. GET NEW SPRINGS. If you plan on doing any wheeling blocks are not the way to go. When I purchased my truck it had blocks on it. After a few times wheeling they were swapped out for springs. I get better articulation and have peace of mind that the blocks won't pop out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts