Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put an add a leaf into a set of Skyjacker springs?
I got the replacement rear springs with my lift and the truck sits nose high.
I was really spurized to see that even with their springs my truck retained a set of 5 inch blocks. That doesnt seem right to me.

Either way I want to know about stuffing an add a leaf in there to help bring up the rear. The main reason for this being to help with the front pinion angle. It changed a little and the rear settled and is having a small issue.

Thanks.
Bill

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Don't see why you can add it. Just be sure the center bolt is still long enough once the new leaf is added.

You could always order a custom set from National Spring and ditch the 5" block....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When ordering the kit with the springs I made the mistake of assuming that the rear block would be gone or very small if there at all. I mean why would you replace a spring and still use a damn block?

Bill

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
on the 3" lift they truck barlly sits @$$ end high, and the new leafs site right on the axle.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you still have to use blocks with the new leafs? That is the part that really bothers me. I am going to call Skyjacker about this first thing in the morning. I think that the springs may not be the right ones.
Or maybe arent up to spec.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Bill they probably are the right ones and I am sure that they retain the factory 4 3/4" block. I chose not to go the route that you did b/c I did that with my 2.5" lift and ended up nose high and still am to this day. This time I chose to buy the 4.5" kit (just the front) Class II bought it for $925 with hydors and am having National Spring down here in El Cajon make me some new springs from scratch completely eliminating the block. See if you can return those rear springs and get some custom ones made. National Spring is only draining my wallet $500 and they are supposedly one of the best in the businees.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
that is a good idea, they will tell you for sure. i know mine are HUGE. i threw my old blocks away. the springs sit right on top of the axle. sounds like you might have the wrong ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think that you might have the wrong ones too. when i ordered my 5 inch skyjacker kit they sent me the coils for the 3 inch kit. that was soon corrected though. yeah you can put an add aleaf in the rear. i have a 2 inch coil spacer on top of the 5 inch coils so to fix the back i got a new set of center pins (about 8 bucks from napa) and put the new leafs in. you might also have to get some new retainers to keep them all in allignment. take a look at my profile.
hag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts