Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5" skyjacker on my truck it still sits a little nose low for me. I personally like the nose to ride higher than the rear and it helps tire clearance.Can I put a rancho spacer fron a 3" kit on top of the coils I have now or would a 2" tuff country spacer be better?

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am planning on the same move when I get my skyjacker. I have daystars already on my truck, and will slip the skyjacker springs in there. As I understand it, a 3 inch spacer is more of a problem than 2. Biginuf said when he used a three inch spacer his front driveshaft binds frequently. Also, even with the drop pitman arm, steering geometry is less than ideal. You might call skyjacker and see if the new 7 inch lift has a diff pitman arm. When I put on my sj I will also be installing the t case adapter ring that rotates the t case down enough to relieve some of the angle to the front driveshaft. I talked to AICSmith and he said that using a two inch spacer with the 5 inch gave him no problems front, or rear.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the front driveshaft will be functional, it will need modification to stay on the truck. At the slightest flex the shaft will bind and snap, the upper joint is the one that i have seen break more frequently. The upper one is where the binding takes place. 5.5" + 2" spacer may work, but not well. Get a new shaft made. Is getting a shorter block or removing an add-a-leaf out of the question? Personnally i would rather my truck ride as*high. Get the skyjacker 4.5" 2500V8 coils they are about 3/4" of an inch taller than your current springs. or the diesel springs they are even taller, but be ready for a bone jarring ride. luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just ordered the skyjacker three inch coils. Does that mean my truck will sit lower in front than it did with the procomp spacer?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thats a sweet lookin truck with that lift. That was what, the 4 1/2, 5" lift?

Troy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts