Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard Skyjacker is going to come out with an adapter ring that bolts between the tranny and the t case, then rotates down to starighten driveline angles. I need one of these for the lift on my truck. Has anyone heard about this? When are they coming out and where is the first place I can get them?

·
Registered
923 Posts
They are coming out with this ring, depending on price and installation headaches, I will probably order one as soon as I can get it. I called 4wheel part whouse and they told me it would be at least a couple of weeks before they started selling them. Going through skyjacker directly may get them sooner, but I don't know about price. Actually that ring is part of the new 7 inch lift, and I assume they will be released at the same time. Please keep me posted if you hear different.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
It would seem that if this bolted between the tranny and t-case that you would have to lengthen the front drive shaft and shorten the rear???And there must be an new(longer) output shaft on the tranny for the t-case.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It sounds that way, but the total thickness of the ring is about 1/4 of and inch. THat is all the more that the t case is moved backwards. That 1/4 inch will help the back shaft and won't hurt the front b/c it gets rotated downward about two inches which makes the distance between the front axle and the t case a lot shorter. The bit that the tcase is moved backwards is negligible when compared to how much less distance the front shaft has to cover. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts