Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody heard anymore about that skyjacker 7" lift? i read somewhere that u would be able to fit 40" tires with that lift. i havent heard a release date or price yet though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
502 Posts
I heard that it will not be cheap, I forgot what price range they told me but I called Skyjacker about this in early January.

I thought that they had it out already so you may want to call around and see if anyone can get it yet or call Skyjacker to see if they are shipping.

I may have posted the pricing info before since this kit has been talked about for a while now.
Have you seached the forums for info on this?

Bill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,235 Posts
6" on a 2500 clears 38.5" tires. i dont know that an inch more will clear 40's. and on a 1500, its a few inches shorter than a 2500 anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah i know it sounded huge but i think it does some trick thing with the truck that makes it sit that much higher but i dont know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
Bill,

This is off the subject...I see from your signature that you finally got the 2500! :bigthumb: Right On! Did you sell your 1500? So, when are we goin' wheelin? There's a trip to Hollister the weekend of March 15-17. I'll be there for just the day on Sunday the 17th. I gotta see your truck! Lets hook up for lunch sometime soon... :D:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looked on skyjackers website adn not price but it did say this 'This ‘Bolt-On’ kit requires No welding and allows 40 inch tire clearance with no other modifications necessary. Whether a Diesel, V8 or V10, ½, ¾ or 1 ton, You get a full 7 inches of lift.' so it must be able to. my 1500 fits 33" stock so 7" on top of that is 40" but i dont know we'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
7" susp. ift on any 94+ ram isnt gonna clear a 40" tire without a body lift. Sorry to crush anyones fantasy. Not without major tire rubbage that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont know but the whole system sounds really complicated, the whole suspension thing is like a skidplate and all. who knows but if it doesnt fit 40s then skyjacker is gonna have a lot of lawsuits on their hands
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Yes, I find it hard to believe that 40's will clear with 7" as well, but remember, the guys at Skyjacker who design and build these kits are Engineers, and thoroughly test them out before release. If they say that the lift will clear 40's, then I will take their word as it has probably already been tried and proven on a test Ram. A regular 5" will clear 38's, with scrub, but they will clear. The statement never said anything about not scrubbing, now did it? Why do you think that they are the most popular aftermarket lift making company out there? Maybe because they are reliable, and they stand behind their product. Hmmmmm....:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
i know im prolly gonna get flamed for bringing this old subject up, but i was wondering, does anyone have the SJ 7" system for the 2500's? if so, how is it?
 
V

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yes they have it for the 2500's. Its the same kit as the 1500's except for different coils and rear springs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
ya poopy does it looks great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
On 2004-04-06 11:25, ROBPER wrote:
yeah poppy beast and a few others have it but rattlindodge is the only one with the the kit on a 2500

Don't forget me :D:

I think it is a good kit. I would probably never would buy it though because it is so freakin expenive. I bought the truck with it on. It flexes real good although I don't have many good pics of that.
[img=250x167]http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/441000-441999/441650_25.jpg[/img]
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,240 Posts
On 2002-03-01 01:19, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
6" on a 2500 clears 38.5" tires. i dont know that an inch more will clear 40's. and on a 1500, its a few inches shorter than a 2500 anyways.

On 2002-03-01 23:46, The Beast wrote:
If they say that the lift will clear 40's, then I will take their word as it has probably already been tried and proven on a test Ram. A regular 5" will clear 38's, with scrub, but they will clear. The statement never said anything about not scrubbing, now did it? Why do you think that they are the most popular aftermarket lift making company out there? Maybe because they are reliable, and they stand behind their product. Hmmmmm....:wink:

see, back then even hawii and beast didn't know what the {expletive} they were talking about...




:flipoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,595 Posts
On 2004-04-06 13:53, DRED wrote:
On 2002-03-01 01:19, HaWiiLuVeR wrote:
6" on a 2500 clears 38.5" tires. i dont know that an inch more will clear 40's. and on a 1500, its a few inches shorter than a 2500 anyways.

On 2002-03-01 23:46, The Beast wrote:
If they say that the lift will clear 40's, then I will take their word as it has probably already been tried and proven on a test Ram. A regular 5" will clear 38's, with scrub, but they will clear. The statement never said anything about not scrubbing, now did it? Why do you think that they are the most popular aftermarket lift making company out there? Maybe because they are reliable, and they stand behind their product. Hmmmmm....:wink:

see, back then even hawii and beast didn't know what the {expletive} they were talking about...




:flipoff:

You were a dumbass then and still are one today, so :poke: what's your point?

At least they learned over time, guess they spent their time wheeling instead of fighting coffee tables :flipoff:
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top