Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damm, you beat me to this subject! One of the reasons I don't hardcore wheel my truck is my long 26 gal plastic gas tank! I hangs pretty low, and has no protection at all on the bottom!
Anyone do anything about that to your rig's
Yeah, yeah, I know, I know, lift it! My current plans only call out for 3 to 3.5" lift. Not gonna do much for protecting the gas tank.

·
Registered
482 Posts
If you are speaking of mud, your axles should clear the way for the fuel tank. My tank never get's hurt. Unless you are speaking of rock climbing or such.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have a skid plate on mine, but its 3 feet in the air and doesnt do much, it goes fron the front bumper to the first frame crossmember, its kinda like that POS flexible rubber one but this is made of 1/4" plate steel, it post pics to show you guys.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
You didn't tell me about that when I was up there...I need some underbody protection as well...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The one I have wouldnt work for you because it is made to go from my winch bumper to the crossmember, you would have to custom make yours. But ill supply pics when my digital camera gets back, maybe it will give you some ideas.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Im not sure about the Rams but on my Dakota, full body skid plates came as an option. Luckily I had enough money and got them. There is a skid plate directly beneath my gas tank and its saved me a bunch. But i would also like to have more protection under the front end as well. I cant wait to see what everybody else finds out about more protection for the bottoms of the trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts