Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wheelin yesterday i went to the dealer to have them look at the truck, i had a bent front steering shock, ot a point where it was binding! i told him that i had no idea how it happened, so he gave me a free bee and covered it under the warranty, next time i pay. anyways is there a skid plate that somebody makes for a stock 4x4, i know suspension companies make them for there kits, anybody sell one that will just bolt on?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
No one makes one for a solid axle since it moves independently of the frame, unlike an IFS setup. You can get skid plates for teh diff cover and lower contral arm mounting poitns, but thats about it for the front axle

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
You can get diff cover skid plate/gaurds from any 4x4 shop since the Dana 44 housing is the same as all other D44s out there.

The lower control arm skid plates (little 3"x3" deals that protect the lower mount at teh axle) can be made from scratch or picked up from Rancho, Pro-Comp or any toher lift company that included them in their kits.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You can get one of those axle-truss systems that protect the front differential and give the steering stabilizer and other linkage some protection. Check out Con-Ferr:

http://con-ferr.com/

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Also see Rough Country's dual stab kit. It moves the stabilizers up some. On the 2000+ trucks the steering stabilizer (what you bent) is in a horribly exposed spot. I've mangled two of the things.

http://rough.roughcountry.com/stabilizers.htm

I've talked to them on the phone, and its at or above the center-line of the axle.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked out rough country and con ferr, i already got the stabilizer fixed so dont really need duals, and con ferr doesnt make a truss for the newer 1/2 ton rams, only the 3/4 rams is there a difference? in the application

·
Registered
807 Posts
the 2500's have a dana 60, the 1500's have a dana 44. theres a big difference. i think dodge should have put dana 60's on all the rams...much better axle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts