Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any trails anyone knows of on the way to reno/tahoe???

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
There are hundreds of trails up there. All depends on what you are looking for in terms of difficulty and one or two day runs or longer.

I will be setting up at least 2 weekend trips this spring/summer for the Seirra trails. One for everyone and then one that requires 3" and 33's at the minimum (I have done that trail so I know that is the minimum)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A trip up to the Sierra's would be really cool!!! I'd go for sure... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey Jason, any of the trails lead to fishing spots, campgrounds, like that? Any publications you could recommend? Any and all
info is greatly appreciated. Later, Jay

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
There are a bunch of camping and fishing holes with trails all around them Jsut need to know what you want to do and how hard the wheeling will be. I recommend a Delorme Atlas. Very good topo maps avail in NorCal and SoCal versions. Does not have all the trails listed, but you can find the activities in it and then order the specific maps from the USFS or BLM.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Delorme Atlas. Just the starting place I was looking for. I have the addresses for BLM and USFS, Dept. of Int., etc. But something for the soon to be retired and exploring type
like me, this is excellent. Thanks. Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts