Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aren't the Bilstiens standard equipment on the new Chevy/GMC's?

I do like the adjustability of the Rancho 9000's however. Probably comparible in price too.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't know much about the RS9000's but I personally wouldn't run them because without the in cab adjustment system you have to get out of the vehicle, contort yourself into the fenderwell or undercarriage of the vehicle and turn a knob on the end of a shock. I like to keep things simple. For the durability of the 9000's, but with no adjusting a knob, I'd go for the Rancho RSX's. The big burb shouldn't ride very rough with them, considering how heavy the older square body style burbs are. I too own a 1989 Sub and want to install a 4 inch kit, but am confused to what size tire I should run 33's or 35's?

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya bilsteins come stock on the truck. some ppl swear by them but not many. they arent that great. i would deffinetly say 9000s

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
yeah bilsteins suck, they came stock on my sub and they were horrible. Id get the ranchos. I have edelbrocks and i like em but im sure the rancho 9000s or rsxs would be better for off roading

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
bilsteins on my car are awesome shocks. but i wouldn't run them on a truck. they appear to be more of a performance shock, ride quality and such. i'd stick with a rancho rsx or 9000. they are made for trucks

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
They make some awsome bilstien shocks for trucks. they have different models like rancho and procomp.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
ya the upper line bilsteins are pretty sweet. the 5100 series is the one that comes stock on the chevys to begin with. the upper line bilsteins have the seperate cells and everything like that.

http://www.bilstein.com/products/x100page.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts