Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am going to have to reindex the transfer case after installing the long arms in order to get rid of the vibration in the front shaft. I have already checked for clearance issues at the shafts u-joint knuckles. What needs to be done with the shift linkage after installing the reindexing ring? Thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just re-read the instructions on SJ web page and it just says to reconnect shift linkage. Good question. Im donig mine thihs weekend after just finishing 7" coils and Dc long arms, my DS is all bound up. I just got the ring w/ hardware and seal adapter. Summit wanted $14 for the seal and another $15 :shock: because it back ordered so ill use the old one if its in good shape. Did you get the seal?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not bought anything yet. I was going to get mine through Summit. What are you going to do with your crossmember? I see where some are notching and replating the top side for the driveshaft to clear.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I did nothing with my linkage and it works fine :bigthumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im going to cut it out and weld back in some support on the bottom. I found the seal at Napa for $8 PN: NOS19255. I went the re-index rout instead of a drive line because i had 2000 speed points worth $80 at summit. And there right here in town.
Here is what im doing for the x-member.
http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=48997

1 - 5 of 5 Posts