Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had my skyjacker kit for about 1 year now but the whole time my rear has been sagging about 1.5". I am having a spring co. fabricate me some 6" blocks seeing that my stock 2500 blocks are 5 5/8". Is there a problem with this setup? If so please let me know immediately. Thanks in advance. :):

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
you will probably end up with a lot of wheel hop. the axles have a bunch of leverage ove rthe spring. I sugest talking to the spring shop about having new leaf packs made that are made for a lift that will compensate for the skyjacker lift and a reduced block size (if any)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Have you talked to Skyjacker or any other company about getting a new set of leafs? I am sure you can get some that will work much better than a block system.

If the rear is sagging it sounds like the leafs are bad anyways so the bigger block will only help till the leaf sags a little more.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the rear really isn't sagging but it just isn't at the height that the front is. 4WP sent me the 2.5" kit for the diesels and not for the V8 (but I like the ride!) its just the back probably needs another 1" in addition to the rear add a leaf they gave me. I will probably end up getting the 4.5" with the complete rear springs and go with 36x14.50 tires. Jason thanks for the wheel hop info couple poeple told me that as well and I appreciate it! :):

·
Registered
219 Posts
if your leafs in the rear are only sagging 1.5 inches, can't you just add two add-a-leafs in the spring pack? that should get you right back up there.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They aren't really sagging its just that I need to lift the rear 1.5" but its ok I am going to get the Skyjacker 4.5" kit with National Springs in the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts