Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody out there running this setup. Don't flex a lot but don't want it to rub turning on an embankment either. what amt of offset is needed? this is with a 15" wheel.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I used to have 33's on mine before my lift. I got the "deal" from 4WPW that came with the Eagle 589 15x10 rims. The tires were 33x12.5x15. They rub on the inner fender and on the inside of the bumper at full lock. I can measure the backspacing if you need it. I replaced my front bumper with a nice Ranch Hand and since it sat higher than the stock bumper, it didn't rub the front. It still rubbed the back. Did this help? :dunno:

·
Registered
962 Posts
My original 33's rubbed the rear of the front fenderwell pretty bad on turns. Especially if I was braking. It took spring spacers to clear'em. The rear was fine. That was actually the reason for my first lift. Piece of crap rancho sport lift... Get some daystar spacers if you wanno go 33...

·
Registered
285 Posts
My 285s on AR 16x8s rubbed on the fenders until I got Daystars. On the stock rims, 33s will rub the control arms. My 16x8 rims with 4.5 inches of backspacing prevent the tires from rubbing on the control arms but you need Daystars if you are going to go offroad with 33s on a 1500 4x4. I'm very happy with my Daystars and I did not need an alignment after the installation. The shop that put the spacers on just took the shocks off and compressed the springs. They didn't touch the rest of the suspension. I had it checked by the place where I bought my tires/rims and they said the alignment was still within acceptable ranges.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
I started stock with 33´s and Hellcat´s 15x10
definetly it rubber the inner fenderwell at full lock. Go with the Daystar Spacers if you want to install 33´s. Also they rubber a bit with a Dick Cepek 3" Lift and flexing.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if you run 15X8" wheels you might get by without rubbing. i ran 285's on the stock rims and they never hit, but my 33X12.50's on 15X10 did. best i can say is a 10 wide will, so see if you can test fit a 15X8

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
You could pull it off on a 2500, but few people I know run 33's on a 1500 without tearing their tires up.

·
Registered
807 Posts
we tried putting my 33X12.50 on my buddys stock 95 ram 1500. thats on a 16X10 in wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing. they rubbed pretty good. even when not flexed. an 8 icnh wheel wouldnt be as bad.

...and zab, the backspacing on those 15X10's in 3.5 inches.

·
Registered
432 Posts
On 2002-04-30 19:57, canyonero02 wrote:
we tried putting my 33X12.50 on my buddys stock 95 ram 1500. thats on a 16X10 in wheel with 4.5 inches of backspacing. they rubbed pretty good. even when not flexed. an 8 icnh wheel wouldnt be as bad.

...and zab, the backspacing on those 15X10's in 3.5 inches.

Now that's what I like. I didn't even have to get dirty. :p:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I ran 33's on mine at first also, and they rubbed during sharp turns on the street. I would think a pair of Daystars should take care of the problem depending on back spacing

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I ran 285's on my 1500 which measured 32.8x11.50 on stock rims and they only rubbed the control arms on extreme sharp turns...

·
Registered
807 Posts
well with my offroad they rubbed a little but not too bad. a 16X8 inch wheel and they wouldnt at all. the daystars fixed that problem though and they clear now even when fully flexed and turned, but only by 1/4 inch if that.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hopefully living arrangements and the bank will come through so i don't have to worry abuot rubbing. i can just go ahead with the 5"skyjacker and 35's. evryone keep their fingers crossed.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I run 33x12.5x15 on 8.5in rims.
At first with no lift they rubbed the rear fender. I cut the plastic with a dremmel and bashed the metal seam with a 3lb. maul. Stopped most of the rubbing.

Added 2.5in front leveling kit, stopped all rubbing.

Removed front swaybar added Ranch Hand bumper (heavy), some rubbing started under extreme flex.
May do some more precision bashing.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
i have also done some "custom body work" to make some more room for the 35's because the 3" just does not cut it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts