Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering where rubicon was. i dont think there is any chance in hell of me going, i was just curions. too hardcore (and probably too far) for me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well what i would like to say to you would violate the TOS, so ill talk to you later, ass. but thanks for the link, lol.
-Homie

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
<sigh>... Where did that come from?

Anyways.

Rubicon is a bit south and a bit west of Lake Tahoe.

It's not friendly to full-size rigs, lots of tight spaces, even on the bypasses. I know you can get a hummer through it, but it won't come out unscratched...

Expect body damage on anything bigger than a Jeep.

Now, owning a full-size Ram, I haven't exactly been down it. I know others that have done parts of it with full-size rigs, and kinda made it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Rubicon. It's a great trail. Best done in a short wheelbased vehicle. Full sized trucks can make it to spider lake. (or little sluice box) but beyond that, expect scratches. I've ran the Rub in my CJ many times.
The trail is located off of Icehouse Rd. about 15 to 20 minutes north out of placerville on HWY 50. Once on Icehouse Rd. you have about 30 mile drive to Loon lake. Cross the dam at Loon lake, drop down behind the dam (along the spilway) and your there.
This is not the true trail entrance, that's over by Wentworth Springs. This is the more common enterance. You'll know you on the trail when you come to a "snot spot" (nasty rock hole) welcomming you to the Rubicon.
Can't wait to get back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts