Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ramped and gotten numbers? Also list your lift + mods.

Anyone know of any ramps in the bay area? Looking to find out what I actually score, out of curiousity.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Scored a 538 on a 23* ramp with a 3" Pro-Comp and 315/75/16 XTs

Probably scored near a 500 or just over recently on a 30* ramp with my current setup and no swaybar. The end of the ramp was about the middle of the ext cab section.

Don't know of a ramp in the Bay Area, but there is a ramp at the OHV park by me. Not sure of the anlge, but some simple measurements we can get it.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
alright ive heard of so many different ways how to score i dont know what is right so could someone give me the real deal

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
To get the RTI (Ramp Travel Index) score, you would take the distance you traveled up the ramp (in inches) divided by your wheelbase (center to center of axle) multiplied by 1000.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Woody,

The Santa Clara 4WheelParts has an RTI Ramp out in their parking lot! Let me know if you go, I work right next door...

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
do all the 4wpw's have them? does someone have a picture of one? i was thinking about making one.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Here ya go

http://www.4x4talk.com/technical/1-2-2000/rti/default.asp

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No way, the closest that I have seen an RTI ramp to Richmond was at bodacious about 4 years ago, a club from northern Va brought it down with them.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fourwheeler or Peterson's had an article about "proper" measurement, and talked about ways that people "cheat" (or measure differently), to get larger numbers.

IIRC, you measure the distanc up the ramp by dropping a line from the center of the wheel to the ground, and measuring the distance forward that was travel (not the distance up the incline (which is 6% larger, or an extra 34 points for Jason's truck).

I've also heard of dropping a line from the center of where the tire rests on the ramp to the ground, and using that as the distance from the base of the ramp, which will be a hair larger than the above method, but still less than measuring the distance up the ramp itself.

It doesn't really matter, so long as when you're comparing numbers, you compare numbers measured the same way, or only look at the 100's digit or larger.

What I want to do is ramp it both with and without my dual shocks. I'm curious to see if the shocks twisting on the poly bushings (rotating in the plane of the mounting bolts, not rotating around the bolts) is limiting my front flex any.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
also it should be done with normal tire pressure, and not 3 psi in the tire that is on the ramp and 3 psi on the opposite corner tire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts