Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering about rough country lifts. They seem to be alittle less expensive than most lift companys, especially on thier new 5" lift which is only like $899 on thier website whereas most 4" or 5" kits are more like $1000-$1100. Why is this? Do they still include all the necisary parts? How do they hold up? How do they ride/handle? Anyone who runs one of thesse kits, any input will be appreciated!

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i dunno much about the ford lifts but it is a good quality company. i guess you could read the part list for the different companies and see if their is anything different

·
Registered
83 Posts
they have been producing kits forever so the quality has to be good.

my friends dad had 1 in his 78 ramcharger when it was new(the truck)and had it till 1996 when his feet went through the floor.

only put 1 new set of shocks on it and plowed with it all winter.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
well they were like the first company to produce the suspension lift and they are still around..so that has to say somthing right?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
I had a rought country lift on a blazer, the instructions were bad and i actually broke an a-arm (this was on a 93 fullsize ifs blazer) and i had nothing but trouble. i wont buy one again

·
Registered
2 Posts
just put one on and I have no complaints, acutually only good things to say. If you have problems installing just call the techs at the company and they will walk you through everything. Quality is great along with the service, go buy it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I had one on my Dodge and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've talked to their staff on the phone and they seem like real good people :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I used a rough country kit, and they seemed to know what they were talking about. there instrucktions kinda sucked but there staff knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
A guy i wheel with a lot, and the guy who got me turned on to the bronco thing, recently put a six inch rought country lift on, and he loves it. I have ridden in it, and it seems to flex well for a ttb front, and the components seemed to be very solid. He went cheap and bought the kit with rear blocks and an add a leaf, and the only thing i saw that i didnt like was that the rear u-bolts arent long enough.

K&N air filter
2.5" single exhaust w/ 40 series flowmaster
31x10.50-15 Hi-Tec retreads

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I had an early bronco one time and put a rough country lift on it. The lift was OK the but the shocks were junk and I had to replace them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts