Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 chevy stepside with a 3 inch body lift and a set of 33/12.5 tires. I would like to add a little bit of suspension to it, but nothing over 4 inches and nothing under 2". Skyjacker, superlift, rancho, and rough counry all ofer different ones, but the Rough Country 2-3" lift is most apealing to me due to the ideal amount of lift for me and the price(i'm only 17 so I have a limited budget) anybody have any comments on the Rough Country IFS 2-3" suspension lift? any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I have the rough country 2inch lift on my truck and so far so good.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Actually im a 2wd but i have heard that Rough country for an ifs kit it is not a complete kit.

·
Registered
362 Posts
When you call roughcountry to inquire about the lift, ask for a manager or supervisor, the trick is to get somebody that doesnt work of comission. The dodge kit lists for almost $500 but I paid $420 and got the add-a-leafs and 1in block to rais the rear 3in along with the front 3in, I dont like the level look cause I tow a bass boat also. I was shipped the wrong sleves for the bushings but they rememburesed me for the macinveing cost and drill bits, I machined them my self but needed special drill bits and this was on a weekend. They would have sent me the correct sleves next day air on monday but I needed to be back rolling by monday. Everybody maked errors but ist how fast they correct them that counts. I did however swap the 3in spacers for skyjacker 3in coils and I think I might orded some 4in lift coils for national springs to get an extra inch more than now. But to make a long story short I have no complaint with the quality of the kit and I do use it, I dont climb rocks but I do use it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Oh yea they also upgraded me to nitro shocks for free. They will soon be coming out with a 5in kit but Im not shure if it will use coils or spacers. If its spacers you can always sub in the skyjacker coils for about $130.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
the 2" lifts for the ifs isnt really good, this is because all it is is a modification that keeps the cv angles decent so that you can crank the torsion bars up without having problems as soon as you would with just cranking the bars up alone. I have heard nothing but bad things about them. I would just wait untill you can get a 4".

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
if its an SFA i dont see any problems. now if you really wanna get your rig lifted big and have some good rubber under it then i would hold on off on a 2" kit and get something bigger that youll like even better

·
Registered
91 Posts
I talked to the local shops here in town about lifting my wifes 95 2 door Yukon and they all told me that in order to get 35's under there I needed to do a 6 inch suspension lift this would be assuming I use a 10" wheel, I am wondering if 315's would fit on an 8" wheel with only a 4" lift. The reason for not wanting the 6" lift unless it is the only way is 1. the cost 2. garage and parking garages clearance issues. There are some parking garages she parks in that are only 6'8".

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 2 inch leveling kit for the IFS is a stout kit. It simply re-indexes the torsion bars to raise the front suspension without stiffening the ride very much, and it allows you the flexibility to crank the bars more than you otherwise could without problems. I have it on my 99 Z71 Sierra, and wheel the snot out of it. I'm running 285's (33's) and have had ZERO issues with the kit.

Sniper

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
the CV angles are pretty harsh on those kits. ever shop i talked to gave me a big NO to them. to many problems with the kit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts