Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: I used to have a double/double rollbar (welded together not bolted) in a 1994 Toyota Reg Cab. I see the Ram and I can't seem to picture it with a rollbar. It just would appear to be out of place. What do y'all have as far as rollbars?! I am just considering going with a pre-runner style bar in the front for a couple KC's.
Any thoughts/ideas/what your running would be appreciated.
Thanks!
LUV24BY

·
Registered
8 Posts
i personally would go with the rollbar. i ain't too big on all that prerunner stuff.i have had brushgruards AND rollbars. THAT'S A LOTA CHROME AND LIGHTS!

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
Remember that those "rollbars" you had on your Toy are not rated for actual rollover duty, unless they are attached to the frame of the vehicle or seriously sandwiched around the body. Sheetmetal tears too easy.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Havent you guys seen "Walker Texas Ranger"? hes got a ram with a "roll bar" and like 4-5 lights.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey Luv24by,
Where did you get your rollbar for your toyota, I have the same truck and I cannot find a double/double rollbar. How much was it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mopar accessories used to sell a brushed aluminum roll/show bar for Dodge trucks. My old neighbor fabbed one out of stainless for his '94 Ram, it really looked sharp. See if you can find a Mopar accessories catalog for a picture.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
On 2001-12-21 02:51, LUV24BY wrote:
Question: What do y'all have as far as rollbars?!
Any thoughts/ideas/what your running would be appreciated.
Thanks!
LUV24BY

Go look at "The Beast" in readers rides, it is one of the nicest trucks I've ever seen, everything looks good on it.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/gallery/viewride.cgi?ride_id=32

·
Registered
807 Posts
smittybilt makes them for rams in single/single, double/single, and up to triple/triple in either chrome or black. they arent that bad looking. i'd personally go with a double/single, it runs around $475 i think, but that may be retail.

and even though they say theyre just for show they do actually work, my friend rolled his chevy full size (80's model) with a 14 inch lift and 40's. the roll bar is the only thing that saved the cab from totally caving in. it was crunched by the widshield but the rear of the cab was fine. the roll bar was still in perfect shape too, didnt even bend.

·
Registered
807 Posts
smittybilt makes them for rams in single/single, double/single, and up to triple/triple in either chrome or black. they arent that bad looking. i'd personally go with a double/single, it runs around $475 i think, but that may be retail.

and even though they say theyre just for show they do actually work, my friend rolled his chevy full size (80's model) with a 14 inch lift and 40's. the roll bar is the only thing that saved the cab from totally caving in. it was crunched by the widshield but the rear of the cab was fine. the roll bar was still in perfect shape too, didnt even bend.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Like you said a roll bar or a light bar on a dodge in my opinion would just look out of place. Whever i first got my truck I thought about haveing a "roll bar" put on but i decided no. Instead i just went with a headache rack and a toolbox in the back. I also thought about what i needed more since i use my truck alot on the ranch. UI didnt really need a "light bar" since i got 2 hella 500 series on my brush gaurd.I guess all in all ide say its how you use your truck to decide what kinda accesories you want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts