Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of yall in here talkin about your reunel bumpers. They seem to be pretty functional and they also look pretty good. Here in texas, at least the part i live in, i see more of the ranch hand style bumpers than the ones like yall have and actually prefer the ranch hands. They serve about the same purpose but they look better to me. Check these out at http://www.ranchhand.com . They make bumpers (front and rear), took boxes, headache racks, ect. So, what do yall think? Which do yall like better and why?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In my opinion, the Runel is way above the ranch-hand bumpers I dont know about strength, so im basing my opinion on looks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
TrailReady/Road Armor also makes a really stout and good looking Ram bumper. Big bucks though. I personally like the Reunel.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Seeing as I have a loaded Reunel bumper, I can say I like it WAY more than the ranch hand!. Had I not bought the Reunel, I wouldn't have got a ranch hand. Just not my style. Too "boxey" looking for me. I'm sure the ranch hand is a stout bumper, and functional. I just plain don't like it!
I think if Reunel had an outlet out here, (in Texas)you'd see alot more of them.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
TROY, Im no thief but....if i ever see your truck in a parking lot, that bumper is coming with me, BADAS$.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at least one of yall is thinkin straight. No im just kidin', to each his own, right? I am just surprized that yall prefer the look of the reunel over the ranchhand, i theink the ranchhand looks WAY better. Of course it might be mostly because herer in tx i see trucks all over the place with ranchhandds and none with reunela and its just what im used to seeing. Dont get me wrong, i do like the reunels but i way prefer the look of the ranchhand.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Biginuf,
Ya better bring some friends! They used a fork lift to lift and install it! If I don't put a lift on my truck soon, I'll need to change the front springs out for heavier ones! Front end sags pretty good under the weight.

BTW, Thanks

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
look at http://www.toughcountry.com .... my dad has ona the gmc deluxe bumpers front and rear with a 12,000 lb hydrolic winch..they are really new but are great...check em out..and if your from texas , they are located in El Campo if u know where that is

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah those are all right, but i still prefer the ranchhand. They are not too round (i think thosse are alittle too round) and they are not too boxy (i think the reunels are too boxy). Again, just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
oh these look good on chevy's .. thats what my dad has...for some rasont aht what i thought u had..dunno why though..but if u like kinda new and diff stuff then http://www.roadarmor.com has some coof stuff

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I prefer the Reunel over the ranchhand. The Reunel is definitely stouter. The headlight protection bars are solid 1" steel, not tubing.

A Reunel will take a full-size white-tail at 60mph, and not receive damage... After 6 times, and no damage (not me, but a friend).

BUT... I don't care for the projection of the nose of the bumper. It's to provide room for the winch, but I think it's too far forward. Also, the two verticals need to be spaced futher out, to line up with the edges of the grill better.

To do it over again, I'd probably do the design myself, and pay a welder to fab it up and weld it. Probably cheaper, too. Reunels are $$$$$$$.

Oh, and Biginuf, I don't think Troys BRIGHT RED bumper would go well on your truck... :):

One advantage of the Reunel is they paint it to match your truck, and custom build each one to your truck's exact dimmensions.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ill powdercoat it gloss black, to match.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The ranch hands good for looks but if you want strength nothing beats a reunel bumper. Personally I'd go with reunel. I don't go for looks I go for strength, but don't get me wrong they have to look good too. I haven't seen a ranch hand up close but they look like many other companys bumpers. And they don't hold up they just fold up when impacted. Reunels are made for off-roading so they are built to take abuse. Most others are basically sold to customize the apperance of street wheelers. Though reunels will empty your pockets.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a Ranch Hand full bumper replacement, I hit a 165 pound buck at 70 miles an hour and the bumper took the lick, looked like nothing happend, just a little messy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
On 2002-02-25 20:09, DieselHrs wrote:
The ranch hands good for looks but if you want strength nothing beats a reunel bumper. Personally I'd go with reunel. I don't go for looks I go for strength, but don't get me wrong they have to look good too. I haven't seen a ranch hand up close but they look like many other companys bumpers. And they don't hold up they just fold up when impacted. Reunels are made for off-roading so they are built to take abuse. Most others are basically sold to customize the apperance of street wheelers. Though reunels will empty your pockets.
I'd like to see a Reunels bumper after a couple hundred hits from a Bump Gate. In my opinion you can't beat a RANCH-HAND BUMPER thence the name "RANCH-HAND".

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I think my bumper would not look any different from impacting any gates. Sure the paint may go away, but the bumper it's self, not much will hurt it. It's "skin" as the manufacturer calls it it 3/16" plate (for 1500's ) 1/4" plate for 2500's. The "skelleton" is 1/2" plate for both! I'm more worried about bending and breaking my trucks 1/8" frame more than bending or breaking my bumper!
As was mentioned eariler, we don't see many (if any at all) ranch-hand bumpers in CA. Just like Texas doesn't see many Reunel's in Texas. One gets used to a certin style thats available in your area.
We could sit back and swap smack about each others stuff all night, It wouldn't do much for use, other than provide amusement for others. Bottom line is, you buy what YOU like, what your used to seeing! I don't doubt that the ranch-hand is a tough bumper, I don't have any experience with it, just as you probably don't have much experience with the Reunel's.

Later...
Troy

·
Registered
502 Posts
What about Denver Off Road? doesnt anyone like their bumpers?
They cost the same $1500 or so as all the rest but weigh alot less.

I am looking to get one in a few months.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts