Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after taking my truck in this morning about the mileage issue I finally heard back from them about 5:45 tonight (too late to get it tonight) that the did all the computer tests and nothing showed up. Of course they left this for me on a voice mail at my work.
I will have to call them back in the morning to ask them when if nothing is wrong the mileage would just drop on its own. I am not sure if they even test drove it or if they just hooked it up for computer testing.

What should my next step be if they claim that everything is good?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dear god please don't say AutoWest Dodge in Fremont!!!!!!!
Crooks in the first order! If it was in fact them, I say you better take it to another dealer and fast. If the results are the same, I'd say look into the Lemon Laws. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would take it where I bought it but I don't want to go back and forth to Redwood City.

I have been taking it to Stevens Creek Dodge. I am not real happy with them but they arent too bad either.

Next week they are doing to arange to have one of their mechanics drive it home and back since he is in Hollister and see how it does for mileage.
I got it back for the weekend since I need to take it in for an oil change and tire rotation.
I will keep everyone posted as to what happens.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

I remember you were tellin' me that before you took your truck into the dealership, that you took off some mods...With all the mods off, did the gas mileage increase or decrease?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tunis,
I have the roller rockers removed, I have the jet chip removed, and I am using a stock air box again. Nothing changed on my truck at all. I may have gained a little power since the rockers were not adjusted as well as they could have been.
Once I am done with the dealer testing I will reinstall the Volant with the ram air scoop. I don't think that the chip will be going back on.. I need to put it and the rockers up for sale at some point.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was afraid you would say Stevens Creek Dodge! I took my truck there back in July and got totally ripped off. I paid a fortune and didn't get any of my problems fixed. I just sent the dealership owner a second letter about my problems with the Service Department, to see if they would fix it. I still haven't even recieved a response from him. I will NEVER go back to the Stevens Creek Dodge Service Dept. again!!! If you do go, don't talk to the service adviser Bob Anderson he's a really unhelpful guy.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the dealer is going to take my truck for a nice little drive on Wednesday night. One of their mechanics is going to take it home to Hollister and back.

I already know that they are going to give me some line of crap about it being in spec.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well as I suspected the dealer isnt going to do anything for me. They had my truck last night and drove it to Hollister then Gilroy then back to Hollister and back up here today. They put about 180 miles on it for me... They said that is averaged like 13.2 which is "in the ball park" for that truck.
Other than sitting in some traffic those are all freeway trips and should do better than that. They tried to tell me that is was a mix of around town as well as freeway.

Well it's final. I am shopping for a new truck. A diesel this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts