Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at one much like J.D. has on his, just wondering what all is involved in the installation. Is it reversable if I ever do trade in my truck so I could put it on the new one?

·
Registered
119 Posts
First of all, I had to remove the entire chrome grill shell from the hood. I then flipped it over and removed the honeycomb from the rear. Once the honeycomb is off, that's the end of it - it can't be reused.

Installation of the billet grill was pretty easy and required minimal drilling. It screws on to the factory grill frame with the 3 supplied flat brackets - that's where the drilling comes in. I think there's 4 or 5 holes that need to be drilled through the frame to accomodate the brackets.

After I got the grill in, I reinstalled the entire assembly, lined everything up, and tightened everything down. Took me about an hour and a half.

Looks okay, but I might want to do something different in the future. Maybe a body-color grill shell and some black honeycomb inserts would go good with my black trim theme.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be buying the front bumper and grill from a wrecked white soprt. If I do I want to replace the grill in the sport shell with something like your's or a "speed grill" and put it on. That way I can save my old grill/shell combo or sell it. Thanks a lot for the help.

·
Registered
969 Posts
The best grille insert for a Ram that I know of is the Kandco "sweet tooth" insert. It takes 5 minutes to install because all you do is screw on two seperate pieces, and the screws go through the factory homeycomb. Plus it looks sweet on Rams and guarenteed your truck will stick out in crowd. Its much more cheap ($80) than the billet inserts and no drilling. Its worked out great for me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen that on a truck here in town and I beleive I've seen your's on Fritz's page (the big ol maroon one right?) The thindg is that I want to loose all the chrome all together and replace it with painted parts, like a sport.

·
Registered
969 Posts
My truck isn't on Fritz's page, its black and is in gallery 15 on this site. If you're going for th sport look than this insert won't be that good cause it won't stick out as much. The only one I think is available is the chrome insert. You might be able to paint it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Try http://sweettoothgrille.homestead.com/sweettoothgrille.html. It will redirect you to a site named Texas Treasures. I got mine for $104 including shipping and it was a piece of cake to install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts