Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody on here tinkered with replacing their stock headlamp bulbs with the HID bulbs from PIAA or other lighting companies? Just curious if they provide better visibility or even come close to the "blue light" ION systems that are so expensive. Used to have this technology on an Acura and it was great...looking to do the same on the Dodge.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I replaced my factory bulbs with after-market HID bulbs. They aren't the real HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs, but they are similar. They are gas charged to emit an HID look, but not as bright. The blue tint is the closest to daylight than the yellow halogen lights. They are definately brighter than the factory lights and have a very large light patern. I've had a few friends tell me that they look just like HID. My bulbs are made by Hyper Industries and I got them off of eBay for $20.00. The real HID conversion kit runs anywhere from $400.00-$600.00. It's a good upgrade for only $20.00. The bulb number is 9004 for your reference.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I got stupid one day and bought a set of the Pia Ultra Whites for my truck. I dont think that they are worth the money..
When they burn out I will probably replace them with a set of the crystal blue or some other aftermarket lights. I would go on Ebay for those. The price isnt too bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts