Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may think this is dumb but, i have a 99 I know my rear seat flips up, but does it flip down...if so how? Ive seen pics with the rear seat flipped down but I dont know what year truck that was.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Marc,

The rear seat back doesn't normally come down on the club/quad cabs! There's a little trick and it only involves cutting the metal tabs on the seat back. It's kinda hard to explain, but I'll give it a try...

What you need to do first is remove the entire rear seat until you can unhook the metal tabs from the loops on the truck cab. Once this is done, bolt the rear seat back in place without hooking the seat back back into the loops. Once it's bolted back in place, push the seat back up against the loops. While holding the seat back against the loops, lift the seat bottom up. You'll notice that the seat back moves up as you lift the seat bottom. What you want to do is cut the metal tabs enough to where the seat back tabs will slip back into the loops at the maximum height it will go. Cut a little at a time so you don't cut too much. If you end up cutting too much, the seat back will not lock back into place. Are you following me so far? The trick is to lift the bottom seat up so the seat back moves up...once the tabs slip into the loops, lower the bottom seat back down. This will lock the seat back in place. I'll take some pictures to better explain this...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks tunis, that would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
okay...here are some pics to give you a better idea:

here is a pic of the metal tabs you need to cut:

here is a pic of the metal loop on the back of the truck cab:

here is a pic of the seat back in its down position:

let me know if you have any questions...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do the small red "x"'s represent the area's I should be cutting? j/k the pics didnt load?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts