Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what years the rear bumbers are interchangable? I knot the 94-96 are the same. they changed in 97. Do not know if they were changed again after that or left that bolt pattern. I am looking for a rear bumper and the reunel for off a 97 (from jasonb after he got rear ended) does not mount to my 95 1500 ram.
any help would be appreiciated.

thanks
perry

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok, someone must have tried swapping rear bumpers from different year trucks. I am after this info is because I am going to make a rear bumper for my 95 truck and I have a friend w/ a 99 truck. The bolt patterns are the same I was going to make to and send him one. He can not go measure his own truck cuz he is not mech. inclined and i would not trust him to measure even the right bolts.

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
That bumper does not fit? I did not think anything changed before 98. What about drilling new holes in the frame rails to match the bumper mounts?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope.
remember i told you about it when we went to hollister. There was someone there (maybe fritz) that said dodge changed the hole in 97 but changed them back in 98.
I guess i can crawl a truck in the grocery store parking lot w/ my calipers

if you want to check out a rendering of the bumper I am going to build,

go to:

<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://dodgetrucks.org/photopost/data/66bumper.jpg" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->

1 - 5 of 5 Posts