Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out off roading in big bear this past weekend and all of a sudden i realized my steering alignment was waaaay off. i had to turn the wheel a 1/4 turn to the left to go straight. so after i got back home i was checking things out and i noticed my rear axle had shifted big time. the backside of the drivers side tire was almost touching the wheel well. So after lookin at things i pulled off the rear axle and found the Rough Country Block for the spring was all jacked up. the driverside had sheared off the tab that goes into the axle, and the passanger side is all cracked up. (i think alot of this has to do with the almost roll over the other weekend NOT rough country products)
Because the axle shifted so much it messed up my u bolts connecting the axle to the springs. so i had to use my old powerwagon parts to put it all together. So for now every thing is fine but i now have no rear lift on my truck. kinda baja style lookin.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got everything back to normal, i had to take out my rear blocks and change my U bolts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a suggestion ,go to a trailer parts place, that builds trailers, and get them to make you some u-bolts that are beefy, by that I mean did you notice the factory are slightly larger in diameter, they are stronger, I sometimes snap the cheap u-bolts, but with the made ones they can get a good torque on them, the cost was 7.00 a piece, but extra insurance isnt ever cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts