Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to order 4.10's from 4wheel parts (best price i found) but came up with a question, i know i need chrysler 9.25 4.10 w/ master install kit, but for the front dana 44 do i need the standard rotation or the reverse rotation and will the master install kit for the dana come with everything i need for the install? thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
You'll also have to get a new carrier for the dana 44 i think. Look on their website and see if it has any case changes listed for the dana 44 or call them and ask them. If it does, then you will need to get the new carrier to run the lower gears. Other than that, i think the ring and pinion set and master install kit will be all you need for both front and rear axles, except of course installation unless you are going to do it yourself.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
yes you do need a new carrier , and i think you need reg rotation. they should know when you order.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
if you have 3:55's in there now you need a new carrier, if you have the 3:92's then no you dont.

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you buy original dana spicer gears for the front the install kit will have all the you need except the crush sleeve. You will also have to buy a carrier for the front. Also poo-poo on the 4.10 go ahead and do your self a favor and get the 4.56 gears youll thank me for it later. Now if your not going to lift the truck than run the 4.10's and get your self a set of 285/75/16. I ran the 4.56 gears with 285's and the power kicks [email protected] but you loose top end speed (2200rpm's to run aroud 70 mph). Hope this helps you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts