Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate kids these days even though I am 18. Today my mom got rear ended by some kid that was 17 had 2 accidents already. He has a paid off Lexus and yet he does not have a job. I really hate people like this and also parents that allow this to happen. I got a truck for my graduation present and I like it alot. But my parents didnt get me an expensive new truck they got me one that has little to no rust but will last till I want to get a new one. But part of the deal was that I would have to pay for 3/4 of it and they would get new tires for it.

In all I hate how parents give kids new expensive cars and the kid doesnt even have a job to even pay for gas what is with that?

My mom is fine and both of us hope there is not much damage to the car.

·
Registered
698 Posts
sorry to hear about the wreck, glad your mom's ok.

same thing at my school, kids parents buy them brand new vehicles, they'll never have respect for what they have cause it was just handed to them and they didn't have to spend there own money on it.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
10 years from now when Mom & Dad weane them off their allowance and they don't know how to function in the real world, you will get the last laugh.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Same here kids get everything....especially when the little punks cry till they get it.

My truck was a hand me down with dual exhaust. 3 years later look at it now :fu:

Rich punks and theifs can kiss my a$$ :shoot:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Sorry to hear that..... A buddy of mine works at a machine shop, and they build up cars just to play with them sell them... He was tellin me a story the other day about a couple that walked in trying to buy a TA they had just finished.. They wanted to give it to their son for his 16th B-day... Only thing was this was a 500HP car.. Parents didnt care and bought the car, guess they didnt know any better, more money than brains.. The machine shop owner finally talked them into letting them tune the computer down, limit the speed to 70 MPH and the rev limiter to 3500. Then when the kid got older or whatever they would reprogram it to current specs free of charge.. They agreed to it, had to otherwise the guy wasnt going to sell them the car.. I couldnt believe that though, buying a 16 yr old kid a 500HP car, stupid stupid stupid...

My first car was given to me, but I spent everyday for 6 months working on it replacing parts and upgrading parts.. Blew the engine racing, paid to build a new one ( very expensive for a 17 yr old ), a few days after dropping the new engine in a 17 yr old girl ran out in front of me and I T-boned her.. Her 3rd wreck.. By that time I had that car lookin good, running good, just a all around nice car.. I didnt even get enough money to fix the car back up the way it was before, only enough to put it back on the road, even then it took me another yr to get it back in the running conditon it was in.. Then it caught on fire right after.. I know all about losing something that you've worked hard to get, and have morons take it away from ya.. The deal over my car was enough to make my cry like a little baby, so much time and money wasted for nothing.. When I get finished with it this time I'm putting it in a fricken bubble..

·
Registered
750 Posts
that sucks, good shes ok. I got a good friend whos grandma buys hime verything. Dont get me wrong, hes a good guy (18) well, he just got a brand new Hyndaui (SP) 4 months ago, well now hes got a {expletive}ing 2006 Hndaui sonata because he didnt like the alantra (Wasnt fast enough or some bullshit) it just pisses me off how he can get whaterver he wants, if he wanted a new car tommorow he could get it. Its a load of {expletive}. I like working for my stuff, it gives me a form of pride and i no i take better care of things i buy. Sure its nice to have someone give ya a car, but jesus christ he gets a new car like every 6 months, if its not fast enough or doesnt look good he gets a new one. :fu:

·
Registered
698 Posts
i wouldn't take a hyundai if someone was giving it away, really i wouldn't, well i might and sell it right off the bat, arn't they the car company that said if you bought a certain car they would give you a free one, tell's ya somthin right there. :rotfl:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know exactly what you are talking about. I got my first car the summer after graduation. My dad bought an older s10 pickup from a relative of ours and I had to make payments to him for the truck. One of my friends on the other hand- not only did she get a vehicle for her 16th birthday (although I give them credit it wasn't brand new or anything) went away to college and still got paid an allowance besides her parents paying all the tuition and for her apartment and everything else. It's great that they paid the tuition but allowance? I'm sorry but I don't see any reason to be getting an allowance if you are 20, live in another state and don't even live on campus there. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts