Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting new shocks soon and was thinking about some rancho 5000's. but lately ppl just tell me bad things about em so i was wandering what yall thought i should do

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
im runnin 5000's and i like em.
If you have the xtra doh for the 9000s
id recomend those cause sometimes my shocks get a little to stiff on the streets. and its nice to soften and stiffen up the shocks when needed.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had 9000's on my 2500 with 2.5" of lift and 35"BFG's, boy did it ride sweet, I almost always kept them on the #2 setting. It rode nicer than stock.I ordered 5000's from 4 wheel parts they sent me 9's, that was the only time that I think I was happy with those buttnuggets.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Biginuf, Sweet! No such luck when I ordered my set of 9000's. That makes puttin them on all the more sweeter!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive bent 5000s in wheel to whell racing and thought they were tough on the street.

my 81 has superlifts and my 94 has dick cepeks.

i think i like the cepeks more but not sure you can get them anymore(bankrupt maybe?)

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
you can still get them, well i can anyways. not many people know but dick cepek is back. i have an account with them. :): im gonna go with king shocks on my truck. that is after i do my 6" dick cepek lift.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On 2002-01-26 23:52, White Z wrote:
im wanting new shocks soon and was thinking about some rancho 5000's. but lately ppl just tell me bad things about em so i was wandering what yall thought i should do
I have Rancho 5000's on my truck- (dual's up front), and have had no problems with them

·
Registered
1 Posts
RS5000s are ok for street use, but if you ever go off-road, I'd go with some Doetsch Tech DT8000s. Softer than the RS5000, and beefier too. They make long travel ones, up to 13.5" of travel if you have a flexy rig.

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let you all know Summit has the RS9000's on sale buy 4 for the price of three. I just bought a set delivered to the door for 230.00 I thought it was a pretty good deal. Juat thought I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thats good if you can get dick cepeks.i know i cnt over here and the word is mickey thompson now owns then and the only thing still d/c will be a couple of the tires like the fun countrys and 2 others.thats what 2 of my suppliers tell me at least

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
yeah thats right...mickey thompsopn now owns Dick Cepek and they are cutting down on the product that Dick Cepek used to have for sale

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cant you adjust the 5000s too?? maybe someone told me wrong but thats what i thought. i know the 9000s have the little control unit you can put in the cab but i thought you could adjust the 5000s somehow

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks k5drager, called up summit and ordered a set of rs9000's.buy 3 get 1 free,nice!! cant beat that price!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No problem. I got my fronts on but not my back ones. Gotta due some more custom work to get those 9012's in there. Just trying to help anyone out that was interested. Later

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm thinking of getting some 9000's just because they're fully adjustable. The tense ride of my truck sometimes gets anoying, and then sometimes I need the extra support(when I'm carrying 4000 pds. of cement in the back, and I look like a low rider). That was also amazing. My 2500HD can carry 4000 pds. in the back. I know because when I took it to the dump, they weighed me in and out. 5 tons in, 3 tons out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts