Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im wanting new shocks soon and was thinking about some rancho 5000's. but lately ppl just tell me bad things about em so i was wandering what yall thought i should do

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
im runnin 5000's and i like em.
If you have the xtra doh for the 9000s
id recomend those cause sometimes my shocks get a little to stiff on the streets. and its nice to soften and stiffen up the shocks when needed.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I had 9000's on my 2500 with 2.5" of lift and 35"BFG's, boy did it ride sweet, I almost always kept them on the #2 setting. It rode nicer than stock.I ordered 5000's from 4 wheel parts they sent me 9's, that was the only time that I think I was happy with those buttnuggets.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Biginuf, Sweet! No such luck when I ordered my set of 9000's. That makes puttin them on all the more sweeter!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ive bent 5000s in wheel to whell racing and thought they were tough on the street.

my 81 has superlifts and my 94 has dick cepeks.

i think i like the cepeks more but not sure you can get them anymore(bankrupt maybe?)

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
you can still get them, well i can anyways. not many people know but dick cepek is back. i have an account with them. :): im gonna go with king shocks on my truck. that is after i do my 6" dick cepek lift.

·
Registered
140 Posts
On 2002-01-26 23:52, White Z wrote:
im wanting new shocks soon and was thinking about some rancho 5000's. but lately ppl just tell me bad things about em so i was wandering what yall thought i should do
I have Rancho 5000's on my truck- (dual's up front), and have had no problems with them

·
Registered
1 Posts
RS5000s are ok for street use, but if you ever go off-road, I'd go with some Doetsch Tech DT8000s. Softer than the RS5000, and beefier too. They make long travel ones, up to 13.5" of travel if you have a flexy rig.

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just to let you all know Summit has the RS9000's on sale buy 4 for the price of three. I just bought a set delivered to the door for 230.00 I thought it was a pretty good deal. Juat thought I'd pass it along.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thats good if you can get dick cepeks.i know i cnt over here and the word is mickey thompson now owns then and the only thing still d/c will be a couple of the tires like the fun countrys and 2 others.thats what 2 of my suppliers tell me at least

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cant you adjust the 5000s too?? maybe someone told me wrong but thats what i thought. i know the 9000s have the little control unit you can put in the cab but i thought you could adjust the 5000s somehow

·
Registered
39 Posts
thanks k5drager, called up summit and ordered a set of rs9000's.buy 3 get 1 free,nice!! cant beat that price!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm thinking of getting some 9000's just because they're fully adjustable. The tense ride of my truck sometimes gets anoying, and then sometimes I need the extra support(when I'm carrying 4000 pds. of cement in the back, and I look like a low rider). That was also amazing. My 2500HD can carry 4000 pds. in the back. I know because when I took it to the dump, they weighed me in and out. 5 tons in, 3 tons out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.