Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide wich lift to get I'm just getting the 3" and going with 33" pro comp xterains. Its one the street 95% of the time or more so I dont really need any more and more importanly cant afford more what are teh pros and cons with each?

·
Registered
203 Posts
i think it depends on what type of wheeling you do. the skyjacker is a high quality kit with a good reputation. if you are doing a lot of off-road wheeling, spend the cash and get the skyjacker. i think the 3 inch, class 2 skyjacker with the spring replacements is around 1,300 bones. however, if you only tool around on some trails from time to time, the rancho is just fine and you can get it for under $700. the rancho is by no means a cheep or poor quality lift – it is solid. the skyjacker has coil and rear spring replacements and the rancho has a coil spacer and a lift block - these two factors are the reasons for the cost difference and off road performance...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll prolly end up with the skyjacker class 1 system with nitro shocks 820 plus shipping from http://www.ntwonline.com

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
there are a number of lifts you can go with as far as 3" goes, but the only one different is the Skyjacker kit which replaces the front spring instead of utilizing a spring spacer, but of course will be a bit more expensive...if you dont decide to go with the Skyjacker, then go with Rancho or even Pro-Comp...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Why spend 450+ on a 3" kit, all you need is the front 3" coils(120.00) 2 shocks for the front(rancho 5000's 70.00) even if you want all 4 shocks you can get 4 for the price of 3...105.00 bucks, and a rear add a leaf 50.00 bucks. Total 250.00 bucks, the kit is a waste on money. The only thing I didnt include that the kit has is the lower control arms and i wouldnt pay 200 dollars for a set of lower control arms that are only 1/8" longer than stock. Go with the coils/shocks/add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can get a 3" Rough Country lift for aroung 450.00-500.00 that includes the shocks,front sway drop brackets, trac arm relocation bracket, and longer bump stops. It comes with front spacers and rear blocks, but you won't loose your factory ride.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
<!-- BBCode u1 Start -->http://www.rockymountainsusp.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u1 End -->
120.00 bucks a pair I think, they are the skyjacker 3" coils.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Big has got the bling bling on that one. Buy the coils from rockmountain suspension like I did and order the roughcountry kit from roughcountry them selves ( nobody ca ncut a cheaper price I paid $420 for the kit and 107 for the springs. Poop on the track bar bracket they provide I didnt like it so I scraped it, I had my shop bend my bar slightly, I would say get a DT tracbar bracket though they are cool and only $300. But I have had no complaints with my set up and roughcoutry up graded me to the nitro shocks for free also. I just added a PA 3in body lft and 315 xterrains and love it. I just need to bab some brackets for the brush guard and step bars so I can get them back on. Just my $0.02 worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts