Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hawiiluver pulled out a stuck hummer today in azusa canyon. many people watched as the hummer was pulled by a dodge ram. there's a video on the way.

·
Registered
896 Posts
That okay, I've seen a pic of a stuck Hummer being pulled by a Jeep Wrangler.

Contrary to popular belief, the Hummer really isn't that great offroad. It's main strength is the ability to take a ton of abuse, such as driving through 5 feet of water, being dropped out of a cago plane, and hitting obstacles at speed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was doing some electrical work at a vehicle testing facility and they said the Hummers suck. They literally vibrate to pieces when driven over the whoops sections. They said if you want a Hummer you should buy an old army one.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
i pulled an 18 wheeler out of the mud today after it went off the road and got stuck in some mud on the side of the high way...was easy as hell...just let it idle and it pulled the beast straight out.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Last year at the lima jamboree, there was a tug-a-trucks cometition(on asphault) the final pull off was a hummer(red wagon civilian diesel) against a Volvo Tractor(new 18 wheeler without the trailer of course) the 18 wheeler guy was laughing at the hummer, he wasnt laughing when the hummer dragged him backwards, the 18 wheeler couldnt get the clutch ingauged fast enough the first time and it rocked from sided to side, the second time all 8 wheels on the rear of the tractor hopped up and down off the ground, and the hummer just walked the dog on him. It was amazing. NOTE:The hummer had 35's, they looked too small for the it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
now big u know dang good and well that if the moron in the rig would have been smart and put weight over the rear wheels that rig would have jerked that hummer anywere he wanted to take it

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-02-26 12:07, Biginuf wrote:
Last year at the lima jamboree, there was a tug-a-trucks cometition(on asphault) the final pull off was a hummer(red wagon civilian diesel) against a Volvo Tractor(new 18 wheeler without the trailer of course) the 18 wheeler guy was laughing at the hummer, he wasnt laughing when the hummer dragged him backwards, the 18 wheeler couldnt get the clutch ingauged fast enough the first time and it rocked from sided to side, the second time all 8 wheels on the rear of the tractor hopped up and down off the ground, and the hummer just walked the dog on him. It was amazing. NOTE:The hummer had 35's, they looked too small for the it.

i remeber reading in the chicago tribune's auto section how the reporter went to some hummer dealer in texas and took a test drive. he reported that when the hummer has the transfer case and transmission in low gear, its output at the wheel is a 100,000 ft lbs of torque. wheter not this is true or not i dont know. but i will try to contact am general for specs.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
sorry guys, im working on the video. it was taken on a regular camera and im converting it to digital to post it.

the 100,000 ft/lbs of torque could very well be possible. the gears actually multiply the torque. theres a formula for it, and if you searched on the web, im sure you could find it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oh yeah, your right, if the rig had some weight on those wheels he would have tore the hummer in 2, but he didnt, and it was a riot to watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts