Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how ya'll like the new TRX4-offroad model from Dodge?
come's with
*Unique color shocks
*Body-color grille surround
*TRX4 Off-Road decals
*Fog lamps
*SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
*include 16-inch aluminum wheels
*tow hooks
*off-road tires
*one-inch increased ride height
*anti-spin differential
*skid plates and heavy-duty cooling

i like it, i think it looks real good
i guess you could kinda say its a Dodge version of chevy's infamous z71 package but better. :rotfl:
[img=500x181]http://www.dodge.com/nav/photo/ram_1500_trx4_1_main.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I wonder what the TRX stands for?

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
It will never be as good as a Z71 because it doesnt have a 10 bolt, its only got a weak 9.25! :wall:

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Sounds like something that honda would use to name a quad or bike lol. Its amazing how much pointless stuff companies come out with. You pay an extra 600 bucks for a sticker and fog lamps.

I think this one comes with a Chrysler 9.87524 rear end with the daul ring gear and auxilary CAD cooler.
:silly:

It still the same ugly truck.

MIke.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
dont forget the rt and the night runner
(from some website)
The Dakota was all-new from the ground up for 2005, and the 2006 Dodge Dakota adds four new high-performance versions: R/T, Night Runner, TRX, and TRX4 Off-Road. The Dakota R/T is available as either a Club Cab or Quad Cab and is powered by a 260-horsepower 4.7-liter High Output V8 engine with a sport appearance package in Inferno Red, Brilliant Black or Solar Yellow that includes a hood scoop, chrome exhaust tips, R/T instruments, and 17-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels. Dakota Night Runner is available on the SLT trim and includes black paint, black chrome grille, black 17-inch chrome wheels, Night Runner embroidered on the headrests and a black center stack. The TRX (2WD) and TRX4 Off-Road (4WD) packages include 16-inch aluminum wheels, painted monotube shocks, tow hooks and off-road tires. TRX4 Off-Road also includes one-inch increased ride height, anti-spin differential, skid plates and heavy-duty cooling.

·
Registered
280 Posts
knock off of the ford FX4

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
*ACTUALLY* Dodge owns every 4wd maker out there with the first off package claim.......... the late 40's and early 50's power wagons were the first offroad package 4wd trucks produced in large number and available through dealerships to the general US public.........Sooooooo, everybody else is really the knock off! :twak:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I like the older offroad packages better on the 2nd gens. I liked the 3rd gens ok but don't like those at all.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Wow, fog lamps and decals makes it an off-road package? helloooo Chevy. On the other hand, the body colored grille makes it liik 2000x less ugly. ow all it needs is to go back to the old front end and it will be set.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
On 2005-11-02 20:30, dodgethis12 wrote:
*ACTUALLY* Dodge owns every 4wd maker out there with the first off package claim.......... the late 40's and early 50's power wagons were the first offroad package 4wd trucks produced in large number and available through dealerships to the general US public.........Sooooooo, everybody else is really the knock off! :twak:
What about the 4wd co. and the White truck co? They were making 4wd truck's when the Dodge bros. were {expletive}tin yellow.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nothin' beats the TERD, I mean TURD, I mean TRD.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
On 2005-11-02 21:15, UrbanRedneck wrote:
Wow, fog lamps and decals makes it an off-road package? helloooo Chevy. On the other hand, the body colored grille makes it liik 2000x less ugly. ow all it needs is to go back to the old front end and it will be set.

Actually it says you get tow hooks, anti spin differential, offroad tires, skid plates and 1 inch of lift.

Not that that means a whole hell of a lot but that is more than the z71 or the ford version.

does it have a solid front axle? probably not.

·
Registered
783 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Of course not, a solid axle might make it actaully wheelable. Why do that when you can make some snazzy stickers and paint the shocks. :roll:

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
On 2005-11-03 07:48, ruffram wrote:
Why do that when you can make some snazzy stickers and paint the shocks. :roll:

:withstupid:

I doubt Chrysler would go through the trouble of converting a frame/platform, originally designed for IFS, to a solid axle set-up just for a Z-71-esque package.

At least GM puts a better shock on their sticker package...Bilsteins on the older trucks and, I think, Konis on the newer Z-71s (might be wrong about them being Konis, though). Regardless of the company that makes them or the design (twin tube vs. mono tube), real shock performance is determined by how nice looking they are and their color. :roll:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts