Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone point me in the right direction, what is the difference between the chassis of a ram 1500 and a ram 2500 (or 3500)? I have. A 1/2 ton, and pulled axles off of 1 ton trucks. Same c-channel in back and front 1/2 is boxed. And its a ladder frame. So ....................

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Thicker, a few different mounting holes, taller I believe. If all you're wondering is what you have to change to get those 1 tons to fit in yours, there are a TON of threads on here...mainly it's rear spring pads

2500/3500 use 3" wide springs, 1500s use 2.5"

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already swapped the axles. And I know about the suspension (3 inch wide springs and more leafs/ helper springs). The 1500 frame looks like 1/4 inch c-channel. Honestly it looks the same thickness (I guess i'll have to use a micrometer). I didn't know if anybody had any factory info

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
There is a ton of argument about if there IS a difference.

Jeff (superhawk2002) determined there was no difference in the frames when he did his diesel swap, I compared the frame on my 97 1500 to a 96 2500 and could tell nothing different.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matty said:
There is a ton of argument about if there IS a difference.

Jeff (superhawk2002) determined there was no difference in the frames when he did his diesel swap, I compared the frame on my 97 1500 to a 96 2500 and could tell nothing different.
That's what I figured. If I get a chance Friday, I'll take a Micro meter to a 3/4 ton and then my truck. Definitely not the hottest or relevant topic of the day.........

thanks guys for your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts