Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Infinity head unit will fit from one year to the next or if Dodge changed the wiring in any of it?

My brother has a 96 1500 with the Infinity but it does not have a cd. Since I have removed all my stock Inifity stereo I was wondering if the cd/cassete out of mine will fit his or if the wiring is different.
I know that it was the exact same head unit in my 01 as it is in my 02.

Thanks.

Bill

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have a related question:

Has anyone tried to use the stock crossovers, but without the stock amplifiers that are in the doors?

Thanks,

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the factory tweeters tied into the Kicker Crossovers that I have in my doors :):

So I have the pillar tweeters, 6.5 mid and tweeters in the front doors. I love my kicker seperates.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
It should work bill. I had a friend who took his head unit out of his 99 jeep (made by chrystler, has same head unit) and put it in another friend of mines 93 dodge which only had AM/FM casette in it before, and now has all that and a cd player. Works just fine.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bill,

It should be all the same. Here is Scosche wiring harness (CR01) for all Chrysler vehicles from 1995 - present:

if the factory harness looks like it would fit into this, then you should be good to go! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
my father in law has a 94 or 95 dakota, his stock radio crapped out and the infinity from my 99 ram plugged right in and worked great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts