Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 95 dodge ram 2500 now im came across 4 military hummer 1 beadlocks for $56 they gona fit?

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
are they 8 lug? if so, then yes that prob will fit. im not sure what the H1 wheels look like, but if there similar to the H2's then you will have to machine the centers out a little bit to make em fit.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
H1 have a backspacing of about 7". so unless you recenter them with custom backspacing, they aint gonna fit over your steering, and possibly brakes. theyll suck your tires in 2" more inches on each side too from stock wheels.

pass on them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the bolt pattern will fit, but they are backspaced too far to work on anything but the hummer. You can cut the centers out and weld in a new center section. I believe that Poison Spider sells them.

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
On 2007-11-20 16:35, JeepMan4wd wrote:
the bolt pattern will fit, but they are backspaced too far to work on anything but the hummer.

Or jeeps with full widths in them...

See how much it would cost to recenter them.. maybe it will pay off but they are pretty ugly in my opinion and from what I hear dead heavy, and 16.5" rim dia.

MIke.

·
Registered
559 Posts
you could always run 22s if you want that much back spacing. :rotfl: :rainfro:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You would need to check with your local welding shop if you can't do it your self. I know my local shop stats at 30 bucks for just about anything. You just need to stop by, tell them what you want to do and work something out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know this is an old thread but....

how's the idea of using aluminum spacers so I could mount H1 beadlocks? I know there is a lot of bad press for spacers but don't dually rams run spacers on the hubs? I think 2 in spacers would bring it out close to the stock 5 inch backspacing. And 16.5 wheels should clear the ram steering.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
dually hubs, yes.

2" spacers? you gonna die.

·
Registered
102 Posts
On 2009-02-16 19:11, boogerboss wrote:
what's the difference between ram dually hubs and spacers? I though that's what dodge used.

:wall: :wall:
Let me clarify. I am using a d60 and d70 from a V10 2500. looking at other axle swap/ build threads, the 2nd gen ram duallies used the same axle as the other truck. It appeared that they used spacers to push the wheel out. As far as I know, the wheel hub part #'s are all the same for D60 equipped 94-02 rams, with the exception of ABS. Using an aluminum spacer in essence should save weight on the hub and a 2 inch spacer should put less leverage on an axle than a full width steel spacer. additionally a 2" or 3" spacer would "center" the wheel on the hub.

If I use a balanced high quality aluminum spacer, I think it would be safer than actually re-centering hummer beadlocks.

Anybody have any real world wheel spacer tragedies that want to weigh in (and I am talking about spidertrax type spacers, not using washers or steel spacers that don't utilize another set of lugs.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think ur still gna die. The dually spacers aren't 2" I don't think. And the leverage from an aluminum vs steel spacer does not make a difference. The force on the axle is the weight of the truck multiplied by the distance to the axle bearing point. Remember that the passenger side of those front Dodge axles is a lil shorter too... like an 8th of an inch.

Percy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts