Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am getting a set of 2500 springs for $70. is that a good deal? and, what else should be replaced up front when i do it? i have a set of 4 RSX shocks coming. i will probably get a rear add a leaf before long, should i get a front 2" coil spacer? if i do that, will the RSX shocks fit w/ the 2500 springs and the 2" spacer? or when i order the shocks should i tell them its for a 2500 4x4? i have a 94.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
if your planning on doing both, then get the shocks for a 4" lift. dont tell them 2500 just tell them 1500 with 4" lift.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, if i do that i need to get the RS9000 shocks. those are $75 each from summitt. i think i'll skip the 2" spacer then. thanks

·
Registered
962 Posts
Just becuase your lift is larger does not mean that you need RS9000 shocks. While they are great shocks I would just do as hawii said. Tell them you got a 4 in lift. Look into some skyjacker's. Save yourself some money.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i went today and told them i had a 1500 w/ 4" lift and they told me i needed RS9000. i am going to look into skyjacker, are those as good as the ranchos? what version (model) do i need? i don't offroad. i do drive in the snow in winter, and would like to keep as much traction as possible. thanks guys

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
if you dont offroad, you definately dont need the 9000's. any shock would prob be good for you. just make sure its for a 4" lift.

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
How many miles do these 2500 coils have on them. I sold mine for $50 and they had about 15k on them. I wouldn't suggest adding 4" of lift without doing some steering/suspension geometry corrections. Longer control arms, pitman, trackbar, swaybar.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i'm going to stick to just the 2500 springs for now. with that and my 3" body lift, that will more than enough for me. i'm pretty much putting them in to level out the front more. the rear add a leaf gives about 1.5 inch from what i hear, so it will be .5 inch closer to being level w/ that combo. i also heard somethign about a 3/4 inch spacer for teh front coils. i am actually debating the body lift now. i have a brand new Perfomance Accesories 3" kit for mine, i haven't put it in yet. but for $325, i may try to sell that kit, and buy the one you're talking about. it will give me more ground clearance, which is more desirble for what i do. that is definitely what i am going to do, thanks for pointing that out. i basically want like 5" of more clearance.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The coil springs from Superlift were the largest (I think) you could put in without changing the steering components. Also, all I did to install 'em was unhook the shock and lower the axle until it achieved full droop. The frame was supported by jackstands and I had a floor jack under the axle. The coil spring just pulled right out. I could barely get the new, larger one in with the pad and all. Any bigger and you would have to disconnect the raduis arms to install 'em. You never said... is this a 1500 getting 2500 springs? Make sure the engine size from the donor truck is close. I mean, don't get 3/4 ton diesel coils and try to make them fit under your 318/360 1500. You might as well weld in a piece of pipe for a spring.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yup, the ones i was looking at were out of a 2500 360. this is going into a 1500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts