Off Road Vehicles banner

PSD Starting problems

841 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MMiller 
#1 ·
Well a couple of weeks ago I changed my fpr spring to a bigger one. Then it got kinda cold on me and I have been getting it to start but it's throwing a lot of white smoke and doesn't want to seem to warm up. ow this doesnt happen all the time, but I would say once or twice a week. Talking to blackdog about it and we came to the conclusion of un-winterized fuel. Well I don't know if that is what it is. Then this week I was driving along and my fuel filter seal blew and my god was that ever a mess. Don't know if that is related or not. Well let me know what you guys think. :wall:

Discussion starter · #5 ·
On 2005-12-02 21:21, RattlinFord wrote:
when cranking white smoke means you are getting fuel into the cylinder...basically unburnt fuel...when running, the black smoke indicates unburnt (excess) fuel/fun.

when you shimmed the FPR, did you check it afterwards? i put in the "proper" spring in mine, and checked it and about passed out...135 psi...seriously. i had to cut the spring down to bring it back to a nice, even 70. if you are running way too much pressure, yep, it'll cause those issues...

Josh

you know that is what I was suspecting. I think that I will check it when I get a chance. Also it has only done it once since the filter problem. When it was plugged in it done it once also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.