Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is really strange, whenever I apply the brake, my fog lights and parking lights come on as well as the brake lights. So I find myself flashing my fog lights at the traffic in front of me as I am stopping. Anyone have any idea as to how i could fix this?? I guess that i could just always have my fog lights on, that way i won't flash my lights, but that could be a pain in the A, and i don't what to run my lights at high noon on a sunny day!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Were your fog lights already on your truck when you bought it, or did you recently put them on? If you are using a relay for your fog lights then there should be a wire that connects your parking lights to the relay. It is confusing and I have never heard of anything like that. You should run your fog lights without a relay, just use an inline fuse holder and run the power striaght tot he switch and then run it from the switch to the fog lights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything electrical on my truck is stock, also, a new development, when the lights are not on and i use the LEFT turn signal, the fog lights and parking lights blink with the turn signal. when the lights are on, the left turn signal does not even blink!!
i think that i am s.o.l. and will need to take it to the dealership at roughly $60/hour (I hope not that high)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Somethings messed up....sounds like when I used to wire my friends turn signals into their horns....everytime they went to turn left...honk, honk, honk, honk.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a friend that had this happen and it was because when the factory worked on his truck they put the wrong wire in the wrong place. Check your wires to both your fog lights and brake lights and see where they meet.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The easy way to wire lights may not always be the safest way to wire them. One SHOULD allways use a good quality relay when wiring in lights, be them fogs, driving, back-up, or rock lights. Especially if the lights are high power (high watt) driving. The relay keeps the high current draw out of the cab (when mounted in the engin compartment) and out of the switch. I agree that an inline fuse should be used also at all times.
Me personnaly, I have a hard time with running large wires directly to a switch to power up anything!

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
It looks like you have some wires touching, namely the parking and the brake. the way it looks, when you turn on your parking lights your brake lights would also come on, am i right? the only way to fix this problem is too trace the wires and find where they are touching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts