Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, when I got my 3" suspension lift on my 1997 1500 I went with the 33" Pro Comp mud terrains that were brand new at the time. I didn't have the offroad experience to compare them to any other tire so I was satisfied with their performance. When I installed the 3" body lift I upgraded to 35" Pro Comp mud terrains. By now I have had the truck in the sand at Pismo, DEEP snow in Tahoe and Nevada, deep mud, lots of street miles, and everything else in between. My only concern is how long they are really going to last. I've got approximately 18,000 on them and they're nearly gone. I do have a Deroit locker in the rear which will accelerate tire wear but I would have hoped to see them last longer. I noticed several Rams with these tires at Frank Raines last weekend but they appeared to be new tires. Before someone spends money on them I encourage them to talk to others to see just how long they are lasting out there. Some guys at 4wheelparts agreed with me stating that they don't seem to last as long as they had anticipated. But like I said before, they do a good job offroad, especially when aired down. I think my next set will be the Goodyear MT'R's.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Those Pro Comps will last alot longer than some other mud tires, somewhere around 40,000 miles I think.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
as far as pro comp tires go i havent heard many good things about em. i know someone who had em and they popped a few times on him. so i would go with some other tire when those wear out. the new bfg mud terrains are bad ass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts