Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent seen many comments about these tires anywhere. After putting about 12,000 miles on my 305-70-16's, I think it's time I gave my report. I love them! I have always had BFG muds on all my trucks before this one and would swear by them. I really think the Pro Comp is as good a tire as the BFGs. I'm impressed (that's right, I said the "I" word!) with just how well they hold up. Living in central Texas, I dont get to do much rock climbing or x-tream 4 wheeling. I do however get a fair share of mud, hunting trips, Hill Country trails, and working on the ranch. The only complaint I have is that one of the tires has a mysterious air leak, I loose about 10lbs of pressure each week from the left rear and nobody can find it. I have even personaly submerged the tire/wheel under water looking for bubbles but none found.

Traction is great on wet roads for a mud tire, they clean out mud nicely and dont chunks rocks on gravel roads as much as a BFG.

I usualy dont air down my tires past 20lbs but I brought them down to 10 just for fun and I didn't break any beads.

They are mounted on 16x8 Eagle 589's and they stick out of the wells a little, but I think it looks good. gives it a wider stance. With my 3" lift I think I could have fit 35's with out much problem, but stayed with the 33 equivilent because of my stock 3.55 gears.

All in all I'm happy with the tire/wheel combo. They are as good as a BFG (and quieter) but cost a little less and with the same (D) load range. A good way to spend hard earned money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a brand new tire to compare it too, but I dont see much wear in the tread. They have worn evenly with 16x8 rims and 35lbs of air in both ends, 40 when a trailer is hooked up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well thats alot of good info on the Pro-Comp's i don't know anybody that has em but id be willing to check them out, The tire leek problem sounds really weird, never had that happen before...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Since we're on the subject of Pro Comp tires, has anyone had a chance to run the new Pro Comp Xterrains?

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been thinking of getting a set of the ProComp MT's when I factory tires wear down. My biggest issue is finding a place that sells them that will also sell you a road hazard on them.

I would not even think of getting tires if I can not get a road hazard with them. I have had way too many issues with stuff on the road. In less than two years I had to have 3 tired replaced on my Mustang with road hazard.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bill,

4WheelParts is a ProComp distributor and they do have a road hazard warranty available. There are three locations in the San Francisco Bay Area:

San Jose
550 W. San Carlos
(408) 279-4979

Santa Clara
2555 Lafayette St. Ste. 120
(408) 496-6969

Oakland
1944 E. 12th St.
(510) 436-4979

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tunis,

thanks for the info. I had heard that they didnt sell road hazard. A friend of mine was going to buy a set of BFG tires there a little over a month ago and they had no road hazard option for those, or at least that is what the Santa Clara store said.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
[No message]

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
I just wanted to bring up the oldest thread on the site becuase I can!

Ya'll better not start digging up old crap though :twak:

·
Administrator
9,227 Posts
RE:

The Boss said:
I just wanted to bring up the oldest thread on the site becuase I can!

Ya'll better not start digging up old crap though :twak:

hahaha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts