Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Guys Should i get a Prerunner bar and get it painted white with 3 PIAA 8" lights mounted on it???? or the Bumper you see below( click on dodge to the right and then its the "deluxe front bumper that is on the first row furthest to the right)...painted white with my fog lights mounted in it and shakles and a Mile Marker 12000lb winch????
http://www.toughcountry.com/ToughCountryPage.htm

White 2000 Dodge 1500 Sport 4x4,5.9L 360, 5.5 skyjacker suspension lift, dual steering stablizers, 36x14.50x16.5 Mickey Thompson Baja Belted Tires, 16.5x12 weld super single II wheels, flowmaster dual exhaust, xenon headlight bulbs,SS speed grille insert

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Ever think of a Reunel front bumper? I personally think that other one looks...strange...bad. My personal opinion. It looks like someone did a bad job trying to put together a prerunner style bumper. Sorry, check out the front bumper on Woody's truck, that's what i'm saving to get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pre-runner!!! a couple guys around here bought the pro-comp for the ford, and only had to make one bracket for the bottom. Otherwise I don't think anyone makes one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Someone put a link to the Offroadtech page on another post, check it out it looks a lot better than the tough country, the only problem is it's $1200. Here's the link http://www.offroadtechinc.com/index.htm

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'd go with the off-road tech long before I went with the ToughCountry. I agree with Ian that it looks... odd.

The downside to the Reunel is weight. You'll need 3/4"-1.5" daystar spacers, or will need to run stiffer springs because of the extra 450-500 pounds up front...

·
Registered
171 Posts
if you went w/ a bumper replacement, the new bumper would actually provide protection. the pre-runner on the dodges, unless i am missing something, seem silly. they appear to mount on top of the stock bumper providing no extra protection. only feature i see is looks and hold light. my opinion is, if it does not have a pratical function, leave it for the pretty boys.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Pre-runner bar will look better. That other bumper is flat out ugly. I would put a Reunel or Off Road Tech bumper on before the tough country.

35/15.50-16.5 Swamper SX's on Weld Wheels
Line-X Bedliner

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does the tuff country fit the 99+ sport models? I believe the grill on the sport extends farther down than the grill on slt models. If that tough country will fit, id go for it. It will definitely last longer, as dodge front bumpers suck. You might also want to check out ranch hand, besides the full replacement, they have a new bumper called the bull nose. It is a new lower bumper with just a light hoop instead of a full grille guard. Im thinking of gettin one myself. go to http://www.ranchhand.com and click on "request brochure" at th top, then click on page 2 of the brochure. The bull nose is shown on an f250.

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i know of ranch hand ..but i dont like the boxy look that they give..i mean they are gbad ass , but not for me...i really like that off road tech bumper.....thats really bad ass, and it has a winch too, that why i was lookin at the tough country cause of the winch...thanks for the info on the off-road tech isgibb
Neil

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I think that offroad tech bumper looks fine on a show truck with 44's other than that, BLAH. Prozap makes a nice bumper also, but its not for everyone, Denver offroad is a solid bumper also, but to answer your question, I think the Tough Country bumper is fine, it would look even better if it was painted to match your truck, just like your pops truck.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i dunno maybe in the pics it doesnt look that great but in real life on a truck it looks sweet as hell!! i dunno i guess you just have to see it better to understand. its a really nice bumper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts