Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was on my way out to hit some new trails in big bear in the powerwagon and a friends chevy Z71 and i had the luxury of getting clipped by a mazda pickup truck.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While both me and the Chevy braking and signaling to make a LEFT turn into the trail, the guy in the mazda decided it was a great time to pass us on the left hand side. So we starting making a left turn and WAMMO the mazda bounced off us like a trampalene and off into the bushes he went.
the out come was a totaled Mazda. my truck needs a new front quarter panel new grill, bumper and a leaf spring mount. luckily the guy is insured so it shouldnt take long for all the repairs. So lets see the poweragon has detroyed a yellow toyota, a grey toyota,
and now a grey Mazda. gotta love old steal.
we drove the powerwagon home. oh and ******* scraped my front new wheel (american racing baja)

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh i have pictures on Hawiiluvers digital camera, so ill post it when we get em up on the server.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Those powerwagons are tough as nails, what kinda of an engine are you running? I know that they make alot of torque.

·
Registered
100 Posts
hope you guys are ok . did you tell him he must be a blind idiot? people now a days have no freakin patience. those kind of people just piss me off the way they think they own the road.well see ya in a few days..chris.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its my 1972 w100 5.9 V8 torque flight tranny three speed auto i have all the oth specs on my readers ride.

The whole front drivers side is gonna need lots of work (not in the picture)
ill try to get the pictures up tonight of the accident.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Damn dude that sucks! They are strong trucks. Can't beat steel for reliability.

Hope the repairs go well and quickly.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the guys insurence is payin for everything so who knows how long that is gonna take. Im also seriouly considering new 4inch customn springs from deaver or somethin from skyjacker. I also want to put all new body spacers and all that upgrade stuff. only problem is getting the xtra cash together.
but yeah you gotta love old steal. the first accident left a small dent in the front fender (from a drunk driver)(his truck totaled)
the second accident was a moron who forgot where the brake peddle was. and he put a tiny scuff in my rear bumper. he hit where the main brace is at. (his truck totaled)
and then there was the moron who didnt know how to drive. he actually did a little damage to my truck though. but his truck totaled.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I just finally got my insurance check from an accident (not involving my truck and not my fault). They take forever to send you a check cause they look for anyway to get out of paying you the $$$

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Did you want to rip that guy a new rear when he hit you? Or was he real appologetic?

·
Registered
969 Posts
No he felt like crap cause he knew it was his fault. The cool part is that he was a cab driver so he gives me free cab rides now. That accident was in September and I just got the check this month so that should tell you how fast insurance companies work.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
The guys got out of the truck and were not mad. one of them actually apoligized to me for ruining our day. they were pretty cool about it. also the chp, took about 45 mins to get there. glad to know you can count on 911 when you need it.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You would think being a cab driver that he would know how to drive..or not.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I know it! But he said he just wasnt paying attention cause it was late at night with barely any traffic. So before I got pissed I realized that I've had a few close calls for not paying attention, everyone is human.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Theres no damage pictures but it shows where the Mazda ended up. Also you can see the drivers side of the bumper stick straight out. he lucky those trees where there to stop him cause he was doin easily 40 to 50mph

1 - 15 of 15 Posts