Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being the ebay junkie that i am, when i find deals for rams i like to pass them on (thats of course if i dont plan on bidding on it) figuring someone could save a few greenbacks for other toys for their truck. any way..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1815489193&r=0&t=0

·
Registered
923 Posts
Does anyone know anything about this thing. I would like to have it but would like to know about it streetable manners. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
362 Posts
These are suposed to be really good on the street. At least they are more streetable than say a detroit locker. At least this is what I was told by my powertrain shop, but he told me to run my factory antislip till it was worn out.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
WHAT EVER YOU DO, DONT BUY A LOCK RIGHT!! I had 3 major seperate problems with my rear end in my old truck, and thats why i got a new 3/4ton. First the carrier went out, then the spring went out, then the third time i broke an axle shaft, good on the road, terrible if you have a big set of swampers and use the throttle alot. Go to a Detroit locker or an Eaton, there the best, ARB is a good one but expect axle seal problems and hight cost.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
I have a Powertrax locker in my truck and I love it. Even though mine is locked all the time, i still love it. It is hell on tires around town but thereare pros and cons to everything. But in the mud or when the roads are wet, you can have plenty of fun with it. I wouldnt trade it for anything!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the powertrax in my truck for about a year now. no problems (except in the snow!)works fine on the street, you can hear it clicking going around the turns like it is supposed to and hasnt seem like its been hard on the tires at all. in fact i bought mine off ebay for $180 2 years ago and it sat in my basement for a year before i put it in(actually the gear shop put it in when they did the gears.)

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
Hey Shawn, your locker has been easy on your tires? Mine is a pain and i only get about 25,000 out of a set of tires on mine. Going around turns that are sharp or even if i gas it, then it still peels the rubber right off. It makes the clicking sounds every once in a while but not to often. I dont know if mine is working right but you cant beat it for off-road fun.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope dont have a problem around turns, for the most part i take them slow so it has a chance to no lock or unlock(what ever). grant it i only have about 6k miles on my tires but they measure just a hair under the tire i popped the sidewall on at 500 miles in my garage.

·
Registered
8,931 Posts
My first set of stock tires i got about 35,000 out of them. Then after gettin my second set with my locker i only got about 25,000. I am now working on my third set in only 60,000 miles but there alreadys howing some wear after about 1500 miles. But oh well, you cant beat it aff road!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts