Off Road Vehicles banner

Post El Mirage

4K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
So far the trip was a huge success. many people are still there. I returned early due to the flu, but while I was there, it was very fun. I got my truck stuck twice. Going for Wrangler MT's now.

#2 ·
Sorry to hear about your cold, was it the flu or the BEER flu? lol What did you get stuck in? Mud, sand? How?

#3 ·
i got back a little bit ago, but i had to get something to eat, i havent had anything in like 2 days. we got filthy! the rangers came by and started a big mess with us about the pallets. ill let Mr Muffin tell you about that. we had a great time. i got a lot of scratches though, from driving on quad trails. and stupid muffin, made me miss beer.

#4 ·
I had a great time, the sand pit is cool. The ranger thing was a bunch of crap but o well.

#5 ·
Give us a clue about the pallet thing? Did some fall from a truck or were the rangers mad about burning them for some reason?? Nails in the pallets maybe??? What gives?

#6 ·
Rambrdr got stuck 3 times. 2 pull outs by Faver in his 2wd chevy v6 and I pulled Rambrdr out one time. all the pulls where in the sand pit. The one of buddies took a baja ranger and after hours of bashing the truck his front passenger coil spring broke and it tore off his brake line.
All in all it was a good trip friday night was a blast. but the weather turned and it was really really windy (sand blowing everywhere). Which was thy everyone wanted to leave. I guess pallets arnt aloud on the lake because of the nails in them. So a rangers decided to make a scene out of it.
We do have video of Favers truck (chevy v6) pulling out Rambrdr's highcentered 2500 ram in the sand pit.

#7 ·
i was just looking at the pics. my poor air filter, i think i left it in your truck kevin, so i ight swing by tommorow and pick it up. im gonna call K&N and see if i can get it replaced. i ended up driving home with no filter because with it in i couldent idle, so it was probably doing more harm than good.

#8 ·
yeah this weekend was a blast, my tent got ran over by a dirtbike, davey ran around the lake with his pants around his ankles, i ended up smoking mr muffin, rambrdr, and a couple quads on the lake, and a couple numbskull rangers that didnt catch me for my bottles in my tent. btw i stuck around for all bit to beat on the honda that showed up right after we all left, poor guy almost ripped the front of his car off on a big bump =). anyways, we gotta do this again sometime, lemme know whats up...and if we hit mirage again dont bring pallets and HIDE the bottles.

#9 ·
it was fun despite the high wind. my tent was leveled in the morning, while dukki and i were still in it.
rambrdr, just make sure you dont run the high psi in those tires, or they will be bald in the center just like your current ones.

#10 ·
we might have stayed the extra night if it wasnt for the wind, sorry about that faver. We'll have to do it agin. We should try and go out to those hills we had talked about going to. It was pretty funny, i was in the tent with dukki and hawii and awoke to the sounds of the aluminum polls hitting the ground. when i got outsideto try and fix it, it was too late and the tent collapsed, o well.

#13 ·
i was suprised mr muffin climbed that hill. i had just cruised up it in 4wd and was gloating, then i got in to come back down and i look in my mirror and see him pulling up behind me. i was like what the hell? and the chevy was the only one that couldent make it, lol.

#23 ·
Hide the bottles? WHAT? This park you can't have booze in camp? I'll be sure to miss this place...... Or are there other reasons for no hooch?
Can someone explain?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.