Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 z71 with 9 inches lift, right now i have 35x12.50 bfg all-terrains, i am wanted to go to a mud tire in a 36x14.50, any suggestions? i am looking right now at baja claws, belted, super swampers, i dont mind road noise but i do want them to ride relatively smooth and get decent road mileage, and which kind of swampers should i get if i decided on them, thanx alot, Randall

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Baja claws suck, save your money. go with a tried and tested tire. Swampers rule.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
if you go with super swampers, get the the tsl radials or the ssr's they are both good tires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i am going to go with the tsl radial in a couple of months when i get the cash. but whenever i see trucks with tsl's on the road, they are always alomost bald, and whenever i see boggers, they look almost new, weird.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
For lots of mud running, the claws are ok, I've seen them in action. Really impressive in soft/slick mud. Haven't seen them in sticky mud (the kind that sticks to your shoes without your feet sinking in...)

SSRs are nice all-around tires. TSLs a bit more aggressive, but probably not as nice of a ride.

My MTRs ride amazingly, they're so heavy they just absorb small bumps on the freeway.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i would say SSR's. they just seem to be a really great all around tire. its a swamper so you cant go wrong with whatever you choose. unless you want some better wear that others

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
personally, i love my MT/R's...and i've heard nothing but good things about them...ask Woody! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I agree with Biginuf, swampers rule!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i'd go with a tsl radial or a ssr, both are smooth riding. i have ssrs and i love them , and i have a friend with a superduty with 36 tsl radials and it rides smooth also

·
Registered
147 Posts
ssr's are great so are parnelli jones dirt grip(i have heard)
i love my ssr's get 35x14.4 u will love them too

but don't get anything but swampers unless u wanna get suck

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I just checked my tire wear today at lunch. Looks like 25K-30K out of the tires is all I'll be able to get, but I probably abuse my tires more than the others on here.

Daily driving 40 miles on tight-cornered mountain roads. That's hard on a mud tire.

And I'm not exactly light on the right foot, either.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Does anyone have any larger pics of those tires?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
how do the ground hawgs compare? ive seen both on the big rigs at the local mud hole. some do better than others and i know that it has a big effect on what truck its on. but has anyone seen a comparison between these tires on the same truck?

·
Premium Member
9,227 Posts
How's that old saying go.... "Square tires suck!"

Swampers kick ass!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts