Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any of you from arizona tell me where some fun places to offroad are. i know quite a few , but i want more places. Anywhere in arizona. Thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey another Phoenix person :): I live in Chandler but go to UTI (Grand/I-17) and work at I-10 International (Central and I-17). There are little red books available at Mobil on the Run's that list places to go play.

DsertDog, lUV24BY and myself all live here in town so if you ever need any help let us know. I'm a deisel technician so if you need any help workin on your truck just let me know.

Later,

-Chris

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if you guys go out together offroading. All of my friends are not really into it and i love it. It would be cool if I could get with some people to go out off roading sometimes. i am a beginner though, and I would like to keep my truck without body damage (my worst fear because its only a year and a half old).just let me know. thanks.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yeha we'll let ya know when we go offroad. I got the oldest truck in the group ('79) the rest of the guys have the same body style as you do.

Gie me a call sometime if you want to. <edited out... lol go to http://www.google.com and search for your phone number... kinda creepy that it found this post for my mom's phone number out in phoenix huh?>.

-Chris

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Theres gotta be a few places out by lake havasu. We where out there last weekend on the arizona side of the lake and we took a Hummer off roading. It was sweet.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Theres a lot of places to go in AZ, but its best to have an idea about where to go.
Theres plenty of places just outside Mesa by Queen Valley, which is over by Florence.
I also went half way up Table Mesa, which is a fun trip, I think we'll be going there in June, or up to Crown King, which uses the same route. That trail is North of Lake Pleasant.(which is N of metro Phx on I-17)
These trails are relatively easy, but are good starting points for novice rock crawlers, and there are bypasses more radical vehicles can take.
I'm somewhat familiar with both routes, so if you guys wanna get together some weekend, we can cruise out there and check it out. I'd recomend going before it gets tooo hot, otherwise we'd be best off heading up north.
Chris knows how to reach me, so anytime is cool.
I'd also recomend the following items to take along...Water! a good tow strap, C.B. radio,and water! Frame mounted tow hooks are recomended. I'd rate the trails at 2.5, but there are always a couple of obstacles that might prove challenging for a stock truck.
Dd

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dsertdog56, that sounds good. I will give chris a call this weekend and see what is going on. I am pretty free on the weekends so any time on the weekends is good for me.
thanks I look forward to talking to you guys.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sounds good Al. I had a slight mishap with my truck (ignition coil took a s*** last night at 2a.m. on I-17 and had to be towed home). So that put off getting my driveshaft fixed... hopefully another couple of weeks and I'll be back in 4 wheel drive :):

-Chris

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ok...Lessee, I have no weekends scheduled off save for the last weekend of April, when the club is having a cleanup run. So let me now if around the 15th is sounds good. ill try to wrangle some time free.
Dd

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 15th is fine with me. Just let me know. I will email you my number or give it to chris to give to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts