Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a big fan of Pioneer products, I mean, they sound great. But after frying two decks in only two years, I'm a little ticked off. When I drop 4 bills on a deck, I want it to last more than a year or so. Now I'm off to find a new deck. Any suggestions, must be a CD, doesn't matter if it has a rotating or removable face. Actually would prefeer a rotating face. Has to be DURABLE though!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the Kenwood eXcelon 915 which rotates and detatches. It is a very nice deck.. It cost almost $500 but it worth the money.

I got mine about less than 6 months ago.. Kenwood has a newer and nicer version called the 917 which you may want to look at.

In my mustang I have an Alpine which has survived for several years. It has to deal with very stiff racing suspension and not so smooth roads.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I have my good friend, who is a complete audiophile, trying to track me down an Excelon deck, which he already agreed to trade me for a Pk Ripper BMX that I don't ride anymore. Sounds like a good deal, a 400 dollar bike i don't ride anymore, for a 400 dollar stereo. I'll have to wait and see what he comes up with.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought an Alpine rotating face CD player. Sounds great for my highs and mids, but now I am installing an amp. I have a bud with a 375W x 2 channel DHD amp that I am gonna buy in two weeks. Then all I have to do is decide which speakers to put in. I know that I want two twelves, I just can't decide which brand to get. I really don't have the cash to get (2)Rockford Fosgate Punch 12s . . . they run 400 for a pair. But I know that I want something with more quality than a pair of MTX 12s. I think alot of places have those for "Buy one, get one free." There must be a reason for that.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
A buddy of mine has a site <!-- BBCode u2 Start -->http://www.matrixcaraudio.com" TARGET="_blank<!-- BBCode u2 End --> He has a lot of stuff for cheap. Its worth a look at least.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I have a pioneer double din deck, I love it, never had any problems, I had a older version of the same deck in my Ford, who wired it up? do you have amps?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Here are some pics of my sound system:
Pioneer DEH-P9200R w/ OEL Display

Custom Amp Rack Behind Rear Seat

...and a JL Audio Stealthbox in the center seat which houses a 12W-6 Sub!
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Hey tunis, how did you flip the rear seat down?? I dont think my 99 does that.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Hey TUNIS, you have the same deck as me! But what mounting kit is that, mine does not have the space down below, it centered the deck. I like the looks of yours, where did ya get it?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The name of the installation kit manufacturer is SCOSCHE:

http://www.scosche.com/

I liked how this kit looked because it used the extra space for a map pocket. I ordered the kit directly from them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Whatever you get, get one that plays MP3s. You can't pass up free music. You can find any songs you want on the internet, burn them to a disk, and it costs about $.75 a CD. A CD can hold up to like 200 songs on it if burned in MP3 format. And If it gets scratched you throw it away and burn another one, no biggie. I have a JVC Kameleon, I like it but I'm gonna replace it with a CD/MP3 player as soon as the funds 'appear'.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
i love my kenwood. you dont have to get the excelon series either its just a lot more money for just a few different options. the power and everything else is all the same. i would say kenwood all the way!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heres my deck. JVC CD/MP3 player. About 350, not 450 as origionally posted. JVC is a very good brand and is very reliable. Also they have a great warranty policy.

Yep, thats aluminum you see, not plastic.

·
Banned
2,769 Posts
kenwood has the MASK feature which i think is what your looking for. flips over to a blank side when it is turned off. pretty cool and i like it a lot. you can take the whole face off to if you wanted to but thats a pretty common feature on most decks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts