Off Road Vehicles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering replacing my stock bulbs possibly with some PIAA Super White bulbs. Does anybody have any advice on these bulbs?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
There are others way cheaper and comparable, if not, better than PIAA. I bought mine from eBay for $20/shipped. They are made by Hiper Industries. The bulb size is 9004 in case you were wondering....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
PIAA are brighter, but not exceptionally so.

I thought so at first, but when they burned out after a year, and I went back to the stock ones, I didn't notice a difference.

Cost $75 a set for the 9007s, which are the low-beams on the 99+ Sport models, 9004s are the high-beams, and are a bit cheaper at $60/set...

Not worth it in my opinion. To get brighter lights, I'd run aftermarket driving lights, set lower and aimed flatter, or I'd aim the lights up a hair, but be carefull you don't start blinding people.

·
Registered
969 Posts
For the price I would go with the imitation HID's. The PIAA are very good, but very expensive.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I've gathered from other Ram owners not to even waste your time and money on them...Just do the extra driving lights thing, that is about the best suggestion.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You should adjust your headlights after you raise your truck. I noticed a big difference after I added taller tires to my truck. I thought I had a head light burned out cuz the light pattern was hitting the ground much farther out and was much dimmer. They were also had a film of muddy water on them, not sure how that happened

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
On 2002-05-06 11:06, pne123 wrote:
You should adjust your headlights after you raise your truck. I noticed a big difference after I added taller tires to my truck. I thought I had a head light burned out cuz the light pattern was hitting the ground much farther out and was much dimmer. They were also had a film of muddy water on them, not sure how that happened

Do you know of an accurate method for me to use to adjust my headlights? Or do I have to take the truck in for this?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I did mine at night. I parked about 10 ft away from my garage door and adjusted them using where the light hit the door. I was getting a lot of the finger from people cuase they thought my lights were on hi beam since they sat too high. Now I only occasionaly get flipped off.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just kinda screwed them done till it looked the same as before but you can have done right really cheap. Find a gas station that is still a gas station and not a store.
They can adjust them in about 10 minutes and should cost under 20 bucks.

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
people were giving you the finger? i dont know about you, but if i were in a small car with a large truck behind or in front of me i wouldnt be trying to piss that guy off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts