Off Road Vehicles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can be done to up the power of the 5.2 significally without going supercharged? example: roller rockers, throttle bodies, cams, heads, etc.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
yes, yes, yes, and yes

·
Registered
502 Posts
This big question is how much money do you want to spend?
The options are almost endless depending on how much you want to spend, if you care about the warranty on your truck and if you care about smog.
How much power do you want?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want as much power as possible, but i'm wondering if i spend, for example, $4.000 in mods or better go to a supercharger. Maybe it's possible to make 50% better power out of a normally aspirated engine, but at what cost? maybe is not worth.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-17 20:15, Patricio Castro wrote:
I want as much power as possible, but i'm wondering if i spend, for example, $4.000 in mods or better go to a supercharger. Maybe it's possible to make 50% better power out of a normally aspirated engine, but at what cost? maybe is not worth.

408c.i. stroker kit, only $2500 bucks. combine that with a r/t cam, M1 manifold, 4bbl throttle body, roller rockers, and headers, and some machine shop work, you could have some serious H.P. for around $4000

·
Registered
502 Posts
408 stroker and a set of ported aluminium RT heads would be good. If you don't plan on a super charger then get some high compression.

The RT cam would be cool. Chances are that even with that combo you may still pass smog.

You would probably need bigger injectors and a custom computer as well.

The supercharger is alot less work but only makes real power under full throttle. With a good engine you can build it to suit your driving style of for all out racing.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
More bang for the buck!...go with the supercharger!! :bigthumb: ....hmmmmm???...there's also NOS??? :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
GOT a quick question is putting a chip in the truck worth the money or no? i've heard from someone that you don't notice a difference. i took my truck in for some kind of work at my dealership and sincr i got it back i have noticed alot of powerloss at takeoff speeds.. someone said that they propably flashed my computer.why would they do that and if they did would it make me lose power. if thats true thats a bunch of bullcocka if ya ask me ..thanks chris.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-18 10:41, chris 98 ramsport wrote:
GOT a quick question is putting a chip in the truck worth the money or no? i've heard from someone that you don't notice a difference. i took my truck in for some kind of work at my dealership and sincr i got it back i have noticed alot of powerloss at takeoff speeds.. someone said that they propably flashed my computer.why would they do that and if they did would it make me lose power. if thats true thats a bunch of bullcocka if ya ask me ..thanks chris.

the most current flash available is a partial detune. it retards the timing so it doesnt ping, thus your powerloss. i dont think the mopar pcm by itself will make you see a difference, but combine that with some other mods and yes youll notice it.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-18 08:33, TUNIS wrote:
More bang for the buck!...go with the supercharger!! :bigthumb: ....hmmmmm???...there's also NOS??? :lol:

how often will you use NOS on a trail? about the only time youll get to use it is at the mud bog. more bang for the buck..408 stroker and the supercharger.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
On 2002-01-18 12:57, Patricio Castro wrote:
It seems that the stroker kit is for the 5.9 liter (360) only
http://www.speedtweaks.net

ill try to find the website that had them for the 318. they offered a 340 stroker for the 318. if im gonna spend that kind of money though im going to upgrade to a 360(which i should of done in the beginning!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts